Associate Art Director
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157506
Position Title: Associate Art Director
Junior Art Director – FIFA Live Services
Are you interested in working on one of the biggest video games on the planet? EASPORTS FIFA has an exciting new role available for an Associate Art Director within our Live Service Team.
The team provides regular updates throughout the year into our most recently launched FIFA title. From the art perspective, we are keen to provide plenty of visual updates that provide value and identity to our passionate gamers so we need an Associate Art Director to own and drive the visual quality and direction relative to the game experience.
The role will be in a fast paced, reactive and deadline-driven team and environment. Day to day, it will involve strong collaboration with Production, Design and Marketing to understand gamers’ motivations in order to effectively curate the visuals and define the look, feel and style needed for pending Live service updates. Currently, the updates are predominantly 2D based but may expand to include 3D in the future.
Art Direction for these assets requires working with a variety of art capabilities including illustration, graphic design and branding, character clothing design and accessories, vfx, and user interface design.
- Establish yourself as a valued member of the FIFA Live Service team.
- Develop a rich understanding of the Live Service visual needs and the consumer requirements that drive them.
- Direct and create compelling & diverse visual assets for the Live Service team, most currently with a strong graphic component.
- Drive the development of best-practice art creation workflows and processes in the Live space.
- Inspire and lead internal artists and external vendors with clear direction, concise feedback and patient mentorship.
- Ensure alignment and support from team leadership.
- Help team leadership ensure a meaningful timeline and budget are put in place to deliver the agreed visual experience & assets.
- Passion, energy, organisation and enthusiasm
- Experience as an art lead/senior artist, familiar with setting and giving direction across multiple art disciplines.
- Ability to effectively direct and delegate to internal and external artists, via visual targets and mood boards.
- Able to work closely with project management partners to manage delivery timelines for a high volume of assets
- Able to give effective critiques and receive feedback & constructive criticism
- Strong illustrative and graphic design skills a must
- Familiarity with 3D art and 3D vfx beneficial
- Game development experience and an interest in games is a plus
- Knowledge of soccer, and the culture surrounding the sport of soccer a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-10 03:18:07.25
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.