DICE: Senior UI Artist
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 157476
Position Title: Artist 2
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment) is the Stockholm-based game developer best known for creating Mirror’s Edge, Star Wars Battlefront and the Battlefield franchise, with Battlefield V being the latest installment.
With games trending more and more into social experiences, there is increased demand for great presentation and intuitive accessibility, which is where you come into the picture. As a UI Artist at DICE you will have great influence over both the user interface of our products, including both menus and HUD elements, and the larger user experience and presentation of our games.
What you will do
- Create assets that live up to the visual and technical goals and requirements of our products.
- Be structured and able to manage features together with other disciplines.
- Seek feedback on your work and give it to others’.
- Contribute to internal visual material, such as presentations, style guides or documentation.
- Promote and enforce structure, such as naming conventions and documentation.
Who you are
- Someone with 4+ years of experience as a UI Artist or Designer in the video games industry.
- Proficient in 2D packages such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understand layout, typography, iconography, animation and interaction design.
- Good technical understanding and appreciation for smart ways to create flexible and scalable UI.
- Passion for UX, information design and creating pixel perfect solutions.
- A person who is motivated by creating a collaborative, transparent and learning culture within the team.
It’s great if you also have
- Experience with a prototyping package such as Adobe XD.
- Experience using 3D modelling packages such as 3ds Max, Maya or Blender.
- Experience creating motion graphics in a video package such as Adobe After Effects.
- Knowledge of implementation and basic logic with a game engine, e.g. visual scripting.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension
Although we enjoy our work at DICE, we value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know...
The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Cover Letter. Only applicants with a portfolio will be considered and you may be asked to perform a work assignment during the hiring process.
Even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives and regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you’d like to become a part of the next generation of DICErs.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: DICE: Senior UI Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-06 08:54:02.997
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.