Lead Game Product Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157465
Position Title: Senior Lead Game PM
Lead Game Product Manager
At EA, we’re searching for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the #1 mobile gaming company. Our teams are building on the success of titles such as Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, FIFA Mobile, Madden Mobile, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, the Sims, and The Simpsons: Tapped Out.
As a Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and driving the Acquisition, Engagement, and Monetization (AEM) strategies for our mobile titles. We ask that you are passionate about representing the voice and needs of our players, working closely with your team to promote best-practice strategies related to the development and fine-tuning of the game economy.
Lead Product Managers are expected to interface directly with other PMs, Analysts, Developers, and external stakeholders to further the success of our games. This is a data/metrics focused role, driving the effort behind AEM targets for new and/or existing titles.
- Define, design and manage key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top line KPIs
- Work closely with the game team and various stakeholders to gather requirements and define the product roadmap
- Get the team to rally behind your ideas and be a change agent among several partners and collaborators
- Design, balance and optimize economy models for virtual economies
- Track performance on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Communicate KPIs to all partners and adjust designs/plans accordingly
- Establish requirements for Data Analytics, A/B testing, push notifications and other partner tools
- Become an expert on established and new models for monetizing games
- Monitor competitive trends and best practices, third parties tools/partnerships, and internal business intelligence
- Leverage first and third-party tools to define, track, and best serve player segments
- Learn, have fun and build games that millions of people love to play
Required Skills/Personal Requirements
- Strong analytic skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision making
- Success building web or mobile consumer-facing products in the past
- Delivered at least one product through the entire product development cycle
- Experience with multivariate testing in web or mobile products
- Experience defining specs or PRDs with clear technical requirements, user flows, and wireframes
- Strong in Excel, able to create models and simulators for in-game economies
- Experience creating and balancing virtual economies, with an eye to technical and user experience best practices
- Experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to diverse groups
- Passion for creating great freemium games, with the ability to identify flaws in design, art, and “feel”
- Understand mobile games like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Economies, character ability kits, features, squad synergies, the meta, etc.
- Core loop and the downstream impact of new content and features
- Community channels and how this segment of active players discusses the game
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day
- Open to feedback and thinks outside of the box
- Love games
- BS/BA degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline; MS/MBA preferred
- 4+ years of experience in product management in consumer web, system design background and/or experience in a top-ranked management consulting firm
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Game Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-11 23:36:43.75
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.