Senior Vehicle Artist
Location: Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 157428
Position Title: Senior Artist
We Are GHOST
EA entertains millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At GHOST, we all share the passion to create something extraordinary. We endeavour to deliver outstanding experiences, so we demand the very best from ourselves. For us, creativity is not a skill so much as a mindset. By exercising a flat hierarchy and nurturing an attentive design process, we listen to all the crazy ideas thrown around the office. We believe there is no better place to grow professionally, find new friends, and kick back after a hard day’s work.
The Challenge Ahead:
You have a passion and understanding of vehicles and ensure that this is carried through to their artwork and game integration whilst pushing the technical limitations and following the artistic direction.
Collaborate with other disciplines within the development team taking creative direction from the Art Director.
What a Senior Vehicle Artist does:
- You will collaborate with Art Director and Vehicle lead to gather relevant reference based on high-level art direction and detailed style choices.
- Work with concept artists to collaborate on design work and pre-visualization.
- Visualize concept art and document the detail design for the wider vehicle team and follow up on the game art modelling whilst reviewing visual quality.
- Work with art direction, game design and engineering to create quality artwork.
- Visualize art direction and document the detail design for the core vehicle team.
- Document art work for vehicle art bible and partner studios.
- Help establish benchmark visual quality with Art Director and Vehicle Lead.
- Help establish work estimates with DD and Vehicle Lead for art creation timings to aid prioritizing and scheduling tasks.
- Be a resource person for the art team both internally and our partner studios.
- Integrate vehicle art and polish:
- Setup game engine properties.
- Setup collisions and damage.
- Setup light levels.
- Apply game materials.
- Work with Vehicle Lead to constantly optimize and improve workflows, art and quality.
- Work with and understands the whole vehicle pipeline, from first polygon to final rendered game asset.
- Produce vehicles and focus on visual quality to be signed off by Vehicle Lead and Art Director.
- Oversees the debug and bug fixing process of their vehicles and work with Vehicle Lead and DD to assign and delegate bugs.
The next great GHOST Senior Vehicle Artist needs:
- An avid car person is a necessity.
- Understand vehicle form and function and their interaction with the world.
- Drawing/sketching skills that display basic skills and expertise in low and hi-poly modeling for video games using 3D Software such as Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance etc.
- Focus on delivering the very best quality with the gameplay as the focus and art that enhances the experience.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume
- Excellent sense of creating realistic shaders and textures
- Konwledge of memory and optimization
- High commitment to deadlines with the ability to set realistic time estimates for their own work.
- Involved in or a part of the process to setup workflows and pipelines for art team
- Team player and good collaboration characteristics
- A background in distributed development production model is a big plus.
- An avid gamer is a plus.
- Vehicle design, product design is also a plus.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location:
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create an outstanding team of developers and an inspirational working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Vehicle Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-04 07:21:01.247
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.