External Animation Director
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 157415
Position Title: Senior Animator 2
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is seeking a Senior External Animation Manager to join their team.
- Partner with external vendors to produce the highest quality AAA animation
- Review and provide clear feedback and direction for animation work from external partners
- Work with internal and external teams to integrate animation content into the Frostbite animation system
- 5+ years of industry experience in animation
- Experience working with animation stateflows, blending, and layers. The ideal candidate will have experience with complex animation controllers and expressions
- Strong animation skills in Maya
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles
- A degree in animation or related diploma
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience leading cooperation between internal and external development
- Experience with Frostbite or ANT
- Experience with rigging and skinning
- Both cinematic and locomotion/combat animation experience
- Experience in procedural animation techniques, such as motion synthesis and pose matching
- Experience working with animation studios outside North America
- Experience in projects using Agile management techniques and tools
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and/or professional animation
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact me: Katie Bieber, email@example.com
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: External Animation Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-03 21:18:00.9
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.