NHL - Animator (Temporary - 12 months)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157413
Position Title: Animator 2
The Role: Animator
NHL is looking for a skilled Animator to join the team. Animators are responsible for portraying movement and behavior. Animators must be able to create emotionally believable characters that allow game players to interact with the game, whether photorealistic or stylized, in a realistic and believable fashion.
• Design and develop animation features, in collaboration with the producers and software engineers
• Build and maintain complex animation trees using our proprietary Animation Toolkit.
• Contribute to designing animation components that can be shared across features and even across games.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Experienced CG character animator required
• Minimum 2 years work experience
• Must possess excellent character animation skills
• Must have experience animating cameras, and a good eye for cinematics
• Must have strong working knowledge of a 3D animation package (Maya, XSI etc.)
• Familiarity with Autodesk’s Motionbuilder preferred but not essential
• Candidate must have a strong work ethic and work well with a team
• Candidate must be meticulous, detail oriented, driven, and need very little supervision to put out high quality work
• Must have ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Experience working in gaming preferred but not essential
• Strong technical communication and collaboration skills.
• A passion for hockey is an asset.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: NHL - Animator (Temporary - 12 months)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-03 20:13:11.977
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.