Sr Rendering Engineer
Location: Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 157378
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced engineer ready to design and develop the technology behind player-facing features and framework-level systems in one of EA’s future titles. This individual will work as part of a game team to craft dynamic, high-quality experiences that our players have come to expect!
- Prototype, refine and optimize mobile rendering pipeline that includes: real-time/static lighting, shadows, post processing, physically based shading
- Create clean APIs for internal graphics tools and editors to support the art/design department needs
- Improve, debug, and extend existing graphics and art pipelines while also building new technology that scales across a range of mobile devices
- Create robust platform agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross-platform feature parity on iOS and Android
- Design, implement, measure, and analyze algorithms for rendering and visual effects
- Keep up to date of latest developments in mobile hardware & software via developer support, conferences, publications
- Strong C++ skills
- Professional mobile game or engine development experience using Android NDK and/or iOS with C++/Objective-C
- Understanding of various mobile GPUs and tools used in popular devices and their performance characteristics
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Experience maintaining and debugging a large code base developed by multiple programmers over several years
- Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
- Experience with OpenGL ES 2 and 3+
- Experience with modern rendering APIs like Vulkan or Metal
- Understanding of different shading languages like HLSL, GLSL, SPIR-V, Metal Shading Language
- Shipped multiple real-time products
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Rendering Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-30 00:19:04.93
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.