FIFA - Sr Development Director
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157344
Position Title: Sr DD
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that.
We are looking for a talented person who is passionate about gaming to provide team leadership within our successful FIFA product.
As a Senior Development Director you will:
• Be responsible for the full operational aspects of the game development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget.
• Be responsible for the full operational aspects of the project development, including framework, reporting, risk management, resource management and budget.
• Be responsible for coaching and mentoring a strong production team; recruiting, onboarding, and retention.
• Work with the project leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables.
• Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
• Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
• Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment
• Help the team focus on the critical few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of the studio strategies and objectives, and helps the team break down complex problems.
• Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
• Establish regular communication with team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates.
The next great Senior Development Director will have:
- 7+ years of operations and leadership experience with strong leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
• The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of project operations acquired from a minimum of 5+ years’
• experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
• Experience managing a large project with Agile project management principles and practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
This role requires highly developed relationship building skills and the ability to establish credibility and influence within FIFA and centralized EA groups.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Sr Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-27 00:54:42.71
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.