Tech QA Analyst (Bioware team)
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157296
Position Title: Contingent
The Technical QV Analyst is responsible for the systematic testing of the game from a grey / white box perspective. By using tools, data and automated solutions, you will determine the root causes of defects like crashes, asserts and performance problems.
You will create test plans by reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents, provide timely and meaningful feedback, as well as estimate, prioritize and coordinating quality testing activities on specific areas of the game.
- Verify integration of new features
- Test the performance and stability of the game.
- Monitor crash reports and crash rates in both development and production environments
- Cooperate closely with programmers and technical artists / designers.
- Read crash call stacks and asserts
- Perform basic troubleshooting/debugging activities on various tools
- Analyze and break down problems to identify discrete root causes
- Create reports to outline status and evolution of performance metrics
Desired capabilities and background
- 1+ years of experience working in a QA environment
- Passion to learn new technologies and systems with high degree of ownership
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Basic understanding of programming concepts
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and QA’s role at each stage
- Good communication abilities both verbally and written
- Ability to work within a team and independently
Nice to have:
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce).
- Familiarity with multiple gaming platforms (PC, Console, Mobile)
- Education in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent (completed or in progress)
Community / Marketing Title: Tech QA Analyst (Bioware team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-22 16:28:48.537
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO