Software Engineer II (Automation)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 157278
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer (Automation)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Role: Software Engineer; Tools/Automation
The Software Engineer for our group is an integral part of the game quality pipeline by creating efficiency, stability and automation technology. This role has a focus on improving and/or creating automation solutions to help game teams ensure the title remains stable throughout development, they have all the information they need to understand what’s happening in their game as well as providing automated solutions to our Quality Assurance partners to help ensure quality of the titles we’re delivering.
- Working closely with partners (i.e. game team engineers, quality assurance, design/production) to develop robust, user-friendly automation tools and associated technologies to improve both development and quality assurance processes.
- Build tools and technology that satisfy the software testing, game stability and data generation requirements of our development partners.
- Understand technical requirements for tools and be involved in the process from ideation, to requirements gathering through to delivery.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C# (main qualification)
- Proficiency with .NET
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience with Angular
- Basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
- Knowledge of game development is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II (Automation)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-21 17:52:41.53
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.