Tools & Automation Software Engineer – SPORTS
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 157278
Position Title: Software Engineer II
As a Software Engineer working within our Central Development Services organization, you will build automation/scripts, support the back-end automation technologies involved in our Madden/NBA Live projects, and debug issues discovered through our automation efforts. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, you will build and extend our automated testing coverage to help us maintain quality for the titles we release.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build automation coverage
- Leverage existing automation and frameworks
- Technical Design Documentation Reviews
- Clarify how features should function to eliminate ambiguous requirements
- Work with development team(s) to build confidence in quality through automation
- Provide documentation and logs supporting the test effort
- Liaise and collaborate with development and QA teams
- Provide live support; feedback, issue investigation and evaluation
- Identify, document and highlight risks, providing mitigation or contingency solutions
- Help improve the quality verification process
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with multiple testing methodologies
- Solid hands-on programming capability in C#; C++ beneficial
- A passion for collaboration
- Debugging skills
Experience with Jira, Confluence, Git, and Perforce
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Tools & Automation Software Engineer – SPORTS
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-21 17:52:41.53
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.