Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Requisition Number: 157273
Position Title: Technical Director I
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning and teamwork. We mean things like actioning with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. Great people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
If you are ready to make a difference with outstanding technologies and development teams to provide the products that reach and delight the most avid players world-wide then we have a role for you.
The Development Technology & Services organisation is searching for a Technical Director for our Engineering Services team. The Technical Director will lead a team of Technical Leads and software engineers, who will help increase predictability and reliability of our game development by evolving our Quality Verification Automation Platform technologies. This team develops tools which increase the efficiency of our automation technologies across all of EA portfolio. EA’s goal is to provide the highest possible quality experiences to our players and our automation technologies are necessary to meeting that goal.
The Technical Director will promote the Quality Verification Automation Platform ecosystem through large-scale automation and data by creating a strategic vision of the entire automation landscape at EA working with studio technical leadership and executive to align this vision with their needs.
We are looking for a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across many groups and individuals across EA’s many studios. You can gain agreement and to build/maintain excellent relationships and many different communications channels.
What a Senior Engineering Manager does at EA:
Strategy & Planning
- Establish the road map for the team by working with customers to delivery required technology, methods and process to accomplish opportunities identified by working with partners across EA studios worldwide.
- Provide strategic planning and direction in the area of integrating, testing, releasing and live services of solutions and infrastructures for the group.
Implementation & Deployment
- Provide technical oversight and direction to the local development teams.
- Conduct code reviews, and establish a quality assurance process, including continuous integration and static code analysis.
- Approve proposed development releases and oversee the release process for solutions.
- Monitor solution usage, performance and resolve any failures.
- Provide consulting to partners to promote collaboration and gain understanding on strategies at the component, sub-system, system level and services.
- Ensure appropriate technology is used to achieve the best overall benefit for the business.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved and cost-effective.
- Ensure that internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations.
- Promote achievement of the team business goals and develop policies for sharing software code, technological innovation and business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Help create a technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
Participate in recruitment and coaching of engineers to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth.
You will need:
- 10+ years of technology industry experience, including roles at the senior leadership level within technical organisations.
- Experience developing enterprise level CI/CD pipelines that encompass workflows starting with content creation through quality validation.
- Experience working with common automation tool sets such as Jenkins, Azure Pipelines, others.
- Knowledgeable in software life-cycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
- Experience in designing web and online services, including the hosting and operation of services in cloud and on premises environments.
- Experience of test automation or development process improvements.
- Knowledge in working with data storage methodologies and classes of storage, including document stores (NoSQL), relational (SQL), and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of Video Game development and popular game engines (Unity, Unreal, Lumberyard, etc.) either as a content creator, engine developer, or tool developer, is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-21 17:33:29.747
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.