Senior Application Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157200
Position Title: Senior IT Specialist I
Senior Application Engineer - SCM
The Application Engineer position is a globally scoped functional member of the Global SCM Support team responsible for supporting and delivering enhancements to critical path Tier 1 Enterprise Source Control Management application operations.
The candidate will work closely with Frostbite, EA Digital Platform, Worldwide Studio and Game Development Application Services operations and engineering teams and Site Support Perforce administrators and points of contact in 15 locations worldwide.
Primary job focus of the Application Engineer - SCM is to be a critical path SCM subject matter expert working directly as an IT embedded team member of Frostbite Engineer Workflows team focusing on critical Frostbite Perforce source control management application operations and service improvement solutions supporting “AAA” game and product service development.
The secondary job focus is to act as a L3 technical subject matter expert and work collaboratively while evangelize EA IT best practices and support to downstream IT Operations and Engineer, Team Points of Contact, and Business Services teams across multiple pillars and organizations.
- Responsible for setup, configuration, deployment and support of Perforce Commit, Edge, Proxy, Swarm services based upon EA IT reference architectures and best practices.
- Create, implement and maintain integrations and/or interoperability solutions around application service tool pipelines: Perforce, Swarm, Gitlab, JIRA, Jenkins…etc.
- Create, implement and maintain scripts and recipes around automating application and system configuration.
- Implement and maintain scripts around automating administration & system tasks.
- Create, setup and maintain scripts used for Perforce Triggers or Extensions.
- Automate, deploy, and maintain production application test infrastructure.
- Educate and proactively engage members of the development, release engineering, and QA teams to align on application and source control best practices and strategies.
- Monitor, maintain, and act on IT monitoring variances or triggered notifications.
- Identify, configure and deploy enhancements and bug fixes as required to existing SCM environments.
- Act as a supplemental Administrator handling day to day IT operational ticket and queue management of Global SCM Support team directly supporting Frostbite, EADP, and WWCE based instances in a global 24-7 support environment.
- Support team members in troubleshooting and finding root cause of incidences or problems.
- Participate as Global SCM Support Team representative in regional Major Incidences, meetings, or summits as directed.
- Adopt formal IT operations processes such as Incident, Change and Problem Management for all maintained environments.
- Keep up with trends and relevant technologies by attending conferences, webinars, and working training sessions that focus on development and it operations.
Required Non-Technical Skills:
- Service focused attitude oriented with the drive to want to exceed expectations and set the standard for all IT operational services and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to balance demands and work effectively in an environment with high criticality of services and high level of accountability with minimal tolerance for fault.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing business models and organization structures.
- Able to work on-call as needed in a global 24-7 environment.
- Professionalism and understanding target audience when communicating with all levels of management and staff.
Required Technical skills:
- 5+ years’ experience with implementing, configuring and/or supporting cross platform solutions utilizing on-premise Perforce, Gitlab, GitHub, Gitswarm, Git Fusion...etc.
- 3+ years of deep subject matter expertise with Linux administration and scripting.
- 3+ years of industry experience in systems engineering/administration/infrastructure with a specialization around on-premise, virtualization and/or cloud-based architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex problem analysis and proven ability to resolve difficult problems or problematic situations.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python/LUA/PowerShell/C#/C++/Bash.
- Proven application and systems troubleshooting skills with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize across multiple teams and studios.
- Automation and scripting skills focusing on gluing independent services togethers.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Strong understanding of network / infrastructure-based protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, SSH/SSL, AD/LDAP.
What We’d Also Like to See:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3-year Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Experience with implementing, configuring, and supporting a globally distributed Commit/Edge/Proxy Server architecture with dependent DVCS operations between P4 Commits.
- Experience with configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with enterprise CI/CD tools, such as JIRA, Jenkin, Docker, Gitlab CI/CD, Artifactory.
- Experience with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with source code management tools.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Gitlab 8.x and later.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Git Fusion 15.x+ and Gitswarm 2016.x+ and later.
- Experience with Git Connector 17.x and Perforce Graph depot.
- Experience with Perforce SDP or HMS managed environments.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services & VMware Virtualization
- Certification Tracks: RCHE/Linux, MCITP, MCSE, CompTIA, AWS, VMWare…etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Application Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-22 13:08:22.263
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.