Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157199
Position Title: Systems Engineer I
We are EA:
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Systems Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the design of the system architecture, server infrastructure management and advanced technical support. He/ She also provides technical leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet EA’s business needs.
System Engineer’s primary focus is server deployment in traditional data centers as well as virtualization and in the Cloud, but will also include research, evaluation, planning, designing, allocation, implementation and support of all aspects of EA’s Enterprise infrastructure to provide superior solutions for the Business.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to technical leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
What a Systems Engineer does at EA:
- Provides L3 (advanced) troubleshooting support; with accountability for resolution of outages, service level issues, and user support needs requiring collaboration for servers hosted at EARO Datacenter.
- Long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices.
- Collaborates with architects across functions to help set architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions.
- Partners with local and global teams across EA, in a DevOps model.
- Participates in global projects that may lead to decisions which have a broad impact and influence the IT organizational direction.
- Drives continuous improvement of the overall IT framework - design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
- Research and implement productivity enhancing tools for Systems Administration activities.
The next great EA Systems Engineer also needs:
- Minimum of 3 years of L3 experience
- Experienced with Linux flavors
- Experienced with Windows servers
- Excellent capabilities around capacity planning and analysis of networking, storage and computing power on medium to large DCs
- Experience integrating Open Source tools and software
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Preferred: Chef and/or Puppet)
- Development experience in one of these languages – Python, PowerShell, C#.
- Experience with one or more concurrent versioning system tools. Perforce is nice to have.
- Knowledge of platform as a service tools (Azure, AWS)
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Strong desire to automate and improve processes
- VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes
- Zabbix, Nagios or similar
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS and networking knowledge and experience
- NFS, CIFS, ISCSI, FCP
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: System Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-04 10:19:53.62
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.