Cinematics Creative Director
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157196
Position Title: Cinematics Director II
Cinematic Creative Director
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
Cinematics- Creative Director, will be responsible for developing best in class Global Cinematics within EA’s marketing division. This role will be responsible for leading a team that helps create Cinematic Trailers to quality, fostering and building strong relationships with the development team, aligning the creative visions amongst the marketing and development teams. This role will work closely with production on managing resources to ensure the team can get to scale (either internally or externally). This role is solutions oriented and is able to creatively problem solve cinematic pipeline workflows from conception through to completion.
- Previous experience in leading a high performing team of artist for 7+ years either at a game development studio or VFX studio.
- Expert understanding of the post production pipeline: pre-production, previz, mo-cap, animation, lighting, real-time engine rendering (frostbite knowledge a bonus).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills a must
- Real Time Game Engine experience strongly desired
- Previous employment at a Video Game Company or VFX company a must
- Creatively driven (show-reel a must) needs to include before and after case study of work
- Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Team player and mentor for younger artists at different levels
- Experience managing teams in multiple time zones
- Ability to give clear and concise creative notes to artists
- Must be extremely detailed and organized
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Post Production Supervision– Helps oversee, execute and drive pre and post production of cinematic trailers. (Pre-Viz, Mocap shoots, Look Dev, Visual Target, Edit)
- Storyteller - Ability to craft and shape compelling stories
- Partnership- Liaise daily between cross functional teams (creative, development and production)
- Leadership-Tracking of cinematic artists workloads and career and development plans
- Creative Excellence- Ensuring shot production is to quality
- Planning- Works with the Producer to create production schedules that takes into consideration Dev Timelines, asset go live dates, resources both internally and externally.
- Driver- Drives actionable feedback from stake holders to the artists to ensure notes are being actioned.
- Scalability- Ability to work with outside partners to scale during peak periods
- Actively participates in formal and informal collaborative efforts.
- Shares knowledge and progress with teammates with respect to collaborative efforts.
- Offers assistance to other teammates when in a position to do so.
- Sets aside personal preferences and accepts the decisions of others in order to move forward.
- Consistently demonstrates active listening skills and allows other members of a team to provide input.
- Works and communicates effectively with other members of their team.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Cinematics Creative Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-27 08:18:27.793
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.