Strategic Sourcing Manager
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 157183
Position Title: Manager I, Global Sourcing (IC)
Job Description: Strategic Sourcing Manager – Global Strategic Sourcing Department
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for a strategic sourcing manager to join its Finance team in Shanghai to contribute to the sourcing function’s development in the region.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional business partnering and clear communication skills, an understanding of indirect procurement practices and the ability to lead sourcing events from end to end. He/she will be focused on being a value-add facilitator assisting EA internal business partners in meeting their operational and financial objectives. The successful candidate will work in partnership with a variety of internal business units including IT, Workplaces (Facilities), Studios and Marketing with a primary emphasis on supporting teams in China and Korea.
This is a newly created role working within a global team reporting to a manager based in the UK.
- Build successful relationships with business partners and drive increased spend penetration by demonstrating value add on projects.
- Listen to business partner needs, educate them on sourcing, negotiate agreements.
- Perform market analysis and complete data gathering to support/develop procurement decisions and strategies.
- Drive increased value through direct negotiation and other sourcing methods with key suppliers.
- Organize and lead cross-functional teams to effectively engage suppliers, including working with EA Legal and subject matter experts to create contract structures which maximize EA’s return for current and long-term vendor relationships.
- Analyze significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Understand business needs and requirements so that purchase agreements terms are complete, scalable and cost-effective.
- Assist Business Partners as they manage on-going vendor relationships.
- Perform spend data analysis and produce recommendations.
- Participate in team development initiatives to improve sourcing experience across EA
- Negotiator. This individual will negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing with EA Suppliers for a range of products and services. They will be responsible for collecting contract requirements, developing contractual agreements, negotiating terms and presenting deals to senior management.
- Communicator. Deliver concise and clear email communications, explain complex business agreements with well-constructed summaries, and to develop and lead vendor negotiations.
- Facilitator. Address and confront difficult realities in a positive and constructive manner. This includes partnering with others to schedule, manage, and perform on numerous projects in parallel.
- Value Driver. Demonstrate a track record of increasing value with vendor agreements. For example, familiarity with the terms and deal structures which promote or ensure adequate delivery of services, reduce operational costs and/or reduce price.
- RF(x) Manager. Responsible for preparing RFI/RFQ/RFP documents with requesting departments, evaluating proposals, and assisting in the selection of bidders.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years relevant Strategic Sourcing/Procurement experience
Experience with indirect spend preferably focused on Technology and/or Marketing
Experience working within a US or European multinational company
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel
Institute of Supply Management Certification or equivalent industry certification
Experience in working with a remote manager and remote teams across different time zones
Fluent in English and in Mandarin
Other Asian languages would be a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-21 03:02:20.02
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.