Front End Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157122
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Front End Engineer
EA is seeking a qualified Front End Engineer for a new platform team based in Vancouver. This role will be to create the frontend systems that will drive mobile play for this exciting new platform. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of building and supporting tools that improve the workflows of designers, and other programmers.
• 4+ years of professional experience working with in Unity3D Game Engine and C#.
• Build and support tools that improve the workflows for designers, and other programmers.
• Shipped at least two title or released updates to a live game.
• Strong ability to write clean code and reusable components.
• Architect and build screens, widgets, and other UI elements in an extensible way that is tunable by designers.
• Review feature designs and provide input on costs and possible alternatives.
• Solid debugging and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of UI technical best practices (on Console, PC, or Mobile).
• Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills and experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Full stack understanding, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back-end.
• Experience of practical software engineering, preferably having experienced at least one new product launch.
• Up-to-date knowledge on the latest mobile gaming trends.
• Experience providing simple UX in front of complex systems.
• Contributions to Open Source projects is a plus.
• Previous experience in Agile environments is a big plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Front End Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-14 00:03:39.483
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.