Marketing and Communications Director
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 157100
Position Title: Communications Manager
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games with a deep player experience.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating new technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated and willing to reach it to ship the next amazing game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
We’re looking for a Marketing and Communications Director
Reporting the senior director of product management, you will establish Frostbite's overall communications strategy and partner with the Frostbite leadership team to guide all communications and marketing related efforts. You’ll oversee communication activities such as newsletters, release videos and large-scale developer events and collaborate with the product management team to create web content for our developers across EA and within the game industry. You will also work closely EA's corporate communications group to coordinate external communications and the social media strategy for Frostbite.
You are an experienced communicator who excels at creating and delivering compelling messages through multiple media and partnering with other leaders to ensure that messaging is consistent with the strategy.
- Develop communication strategies that build awareness of Frostbite’s features, roadmap, and ongoing user engagement efforts
- Manage the Frostbite brand, ensuring and proper use, by creating and establishing guidelines, and processes for communication that support the brand
- Maintain relationships with EA’s game developer community as needed to champion Frostbite features, workflows, tools and community engagement efforts to EA studios and partners, and the broader content creation community.
- Lead and directly contribute to internal communications efforts such as newsletters, release videos, web content, and large-scale developer events
- Lead and directly contribute to external communications efforts such as press releases, web content, social media campaigns, and participation in industry events and conferences.
- Partner with EA game studios and internal marketing departments to create new opportunities for shared communications at public events related to video gaming and game development.
- Cultivate an environment of readiness and awareness, including planning for upcoming opportunities and possible challenges
- Coach the Frostbite team in effective communications and guide others
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or relevant field
- 10+ years experience leading the development of communication strategies and creating applicable plans
- Excellent partner engagement skills with demonstrated ability to build support for creative ideas
- Knowledge of marketing communication practices and techniques
- Inquisitive with effective reporting skills
- Collaborative manager who enjoys working in a complex, and iterative environment
- An interest in video games or other types of software and tools that push the boundaries of technology
- Occasional international travel to attend important events and lead marketing efforts
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing and Communications Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-13 22:19:03.433
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.