Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 157079
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA! And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry!
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is regarded throughout the industry as a Live Service mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, and Need for Speed.
We are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal dev partners - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone to join us in Melbourne as a DevOps Engineer and provide excellent service to our internal development team partners.
- Three or more years of experience
- You will report to the Director of Development
- You work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Collaborate with team-mates to maintain a robust automation pipeline
- Create pipeline and workflow tools
- Monitor automation systems and respond to breakages
- Monitor metrics to improve automation systems
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project risks
We operate in a broad and dynamic technical environment. Candidates with experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps technologies is a bonus.
- OO programming languages (e.g. Java, C#)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Groovy, Python)
- Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git, SVN)
- Mobile app development (e.g. iOS, Android)
- Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- System administration (e.g. OSX, Linux, Windows, VMware)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
- Active interest in the DevOps movement
- Active contributor to the Open Source community
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-14 23:47:53.663
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.