Associate Quality Designer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157054
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the Associate Quality Designer (AQD) is to drive quality best practices and innovation across Compliance & Certification (EACC) through the use of research and development, experiences from past products/services, and the creation of standards. The AQD’s manage the investigation and adoption of Compliance and Certification tools in order to assist in the verification cycles during development, release and live service. They help facilitate the creation of compliant workflows from the get go in order to not be dependent on verification processes during the latter stages of development. They are responsible for maintaining and sharing specialised platform knowledge across EACC and the wider EA and ensure EACC’s testing methodology is up-to-date, accurate and forward thinking.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely and build strong relationships with technology based teams in EA such as QE and SCQT in order to leverage existing verification tools and adapt them for EACC verification needs.
- Work closely and build a strong relationship with platform based teams in EA such as Frostbite, EADP & EAX to ensure platforms are built with Compliance in mind in order to reduce dependency on manual verification processes.
- Leverage new technologies, seek for automation solutions and assist with ROI for possible implementation. Ownership of EACC’s automated platform solutions.
- Work closely with EACC Software Engineers building solutions to help improve our ability to test EA games more effectively.
- Build and maintain a relationship with 1P and EA platform counterparts such as Legal and Publishing, ensuring that EACC is leading EA on new standards, requirements, and process changes. Ensure this information is communicated throughout EA.
- Work closely with the EACC Quality Designer and other key members within CDS, EA Studios, and other business- or technology-based teams in EA to drive higher quality standards across EA’s portfolio and implement change.
- Create standards and requirements focusing on quality best practices, aiming for consistency across platform specific validation methodologies.
- Perform strategic analysis using all available sources of information (internal consumer data, consumer insights, research data, industry sources) to support decision-making processes.
- Keep partner-facing sites up-to-date with the latest information on EA Standards, 1P/ EA platform requirements and processes and help to promote their use.
- Work closely and build strong relationships with PLM Submissions technical team on wider EA initiatives and best practice relating to platform specific execution.
- Take a leading role in EACC Roadmap initiatives.
- Work closely with EACC Data Analyst to find data driven solutions. Strive for further efficiencies and success rate supported by the available Look for innovative new data tracking in order to support evolution of EACC testing. Provide key contributions to EACC test planning and methodology.
- Analyze department-wide test verification data (e.g. Escape-Defects, First Party Concerns, etc.) and maintain EACC’s defect prevention methodology based on the results.
- Support Sr Analysts overseeing and maintaining training programs to ensure test excellence across all EACC test teams and locations.
- Responsible for platform specific hardware forecast and purchase.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years QA or Compliance & Certification experience.
- In-depth understanding of EA Standards, and requirements and tools pertaining to at least one platform.
- Advanced understanding of the development process.
- Strong working experience and collaboration with external and internal partners.
- Capable of translating complex technical initiatives in a simple easy to understand manner.
- Medium to advanced knowledge of programming languages.
- Medium to advanced knowledge of data analysis tools such as SQL and Power BI.
- Medium to advanced knowledge of Scrum/ Agile Project Management methodology
- Medium to advanced knowledge of Jira
- Ability to positively influence and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate seeking win/win solutions.
- Embrace change, react quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Exhibit professionalism and maturity, respond to facts with facts, not emotion.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Creative thinker.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-20 11:17:38.583
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.