FIFA - Systems Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157038
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
The Role: Systems Engineer
The FIFA team is looking for a systems engineer with extensive experience. The system engineer plays a key role in shipping a high-quality title. They work with other domains and production to integrate and develop core technologies, manage and optimize memory and performance and help guide the title through the final stages of development.
We’re looking for someone who can own and drive systems work – everything from technology upgrades to memory and performance optimization. Someone who can work through other engineers but isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and fix those intricate last minute bugs. Above all, we’re looking for an engineer who knows what it takes to make a AAA title and is excited to use their talent and experience to build great games.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Strong C++, architectural and software engineering skills.
• Detailed knowledge of Xbox 1 and PS4 platforms.
• Ability to learn, test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
• Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems covering multiple domains.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience with assembler, scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
• Understanding and experience of job-based architectures.
Required Non-Technical Skills:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Proactive problem solver who can quickly adapt to new situations and challenges.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Excellent decision-making capabilities.
• Able to constantly innovate to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Systems Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-16 20:15:23.28
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA