Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157035
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Be the technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual to lead the way in developing new technologies assisting teams in the development of Frostbite performance framework.
On any given day, the Game Engine Software Engineer will toggle between hands-on implementation of critical metrics collection infrastructure within the engine codebase and assisting game teams with their implementations of both metrics collection and processing systems. You are also capable of identifying opportunities and gaps in our data collection and processing systems related to game engine performance.
Your Impact at EA:
Enhance Frostbite’s technologies and tools related to data collection / processing, deploy intuitive tools that will drive innovation and optimization of Frostbite, EA’s powerful game engine. Influencing our teams all over the world and virtually every game within EA’s ecosystem, this Game Engineer Software Engineer will have advanced technical knowledge and experience in C++ and extensive knowledge of what a world-class game engine looks and feels like.
Does this Describe You?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive technical industry experience working on a game engine like Unreal or Cry Engine, but are open to chatting if you've tinkered under the hood of Unity too!
- Track record for building intuitive technical tools and enabling development process improvements.
- Solid leadership skills – you’ve helped mentor junior engineers, are familiar with the code review process, and have participated in critical knowledge sharing.
- Advanced breadth of knowledge of software lifecycle, modern testing methods and a solid understanding of continuous integration.
- Excellent communication skills – you know how to win over your collaborators and present your ideas and progress with charisma, detail, and effectiveness!
- Driven by new and interesting challenges, love exploring new solutions and sharing those solutions with your teams.
- Willing to travel and share your tools, best practices and learnings with teams around the globe.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-10 00:38:27.29
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.