Strategic Sourcing, Senior Analyst
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157005
Position Title: Senior Analyst, Global Sourcing
Global Strategic Sourcing Department
Electronic Arts Inc (EA) is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst with a proven track record of facilitating market due diligence by leading competitive bid processes and supporting commercial contract negotiations. The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience with driving internal business partner engagement, development of sourcing strategies, RFx, contract negotiations, and strategic sourcing practices. This position is an individual contributor role in the GSS North America team and responsible for sourcing activities in partnership with a variety of internal business units including IT, Workplace & Employee Services, Marketing, Studios, and Competitive Gaming.
- Drive increased value through negotiation and other sourcing methods with key suppliers.
- Listen to business partner needs, negotiate agreements to meet operational and financial objectives
- Organize and support cross-functional teams to effectively engage suppliers.
- Perform market analysis and complete data gathering to develop/ support procurement decisions and strategies.
- Partner with and influence business teams and build successful relationships.
- Assist business partners as they manage on-going supplier relationships.
- Work with internal subject matter experts (e.g., Legal, Tax, Security) to create contract structures which maximize EA’s return for current and long-term supplier relationships under supervision.
- Analyze significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Under supervision, Understand business needs and requirements so that agreements terms are complete, scalable and cost-effective.
- Assume full responsibility for performance, striving for excellence and with a desire to be part of a team.
- Participate in GSS team development initiatives to improve sourcing experience across EA
- Negotiator. This individual will negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing with EA Suppliers for a range of products and services. They will be responsible for assisting in the collection of contract requirements, developing contractual agreements, negotiating terms and supporting the presentation of deals to senior management.
- Communicator. Deliver concise and clear email communications, explain business agreements with well-constructed summaries, and develop and lead supplier negotiations.
- Facilitator. Identify opportunities to escalate concerns to supervisor and address and confront difficult realities in a positive and constructive manner. Partner with others to schedule, manage and perform some projects in parallel.
- Value Driver. Demonstrate a track record of increasing value with supplier agreements. For example, familiarity with the terms and deal structures which promote or ensure adequate delivery of services, reduce operational costs and/or reduce prices.
- RF(x) Manager. Responsible for preparing RFI/RFQ/RFP documents with requesting departments, evaluating proposals, and assisting in the selection of bidders.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 3 Years of relevant Strategic Sourcing or Procurement Experience, Experience with indirect spend focused on either technology, marketing or facilities.
Preferences: Institute of Supply Management Certification or equivalent industry certification, with MBA or JD
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Sourcing, Senior Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-09 17:48:55.967
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.