Senior Manager Applications
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156999
Position Title: Senior Manager Applications
Title: Senior Manager Applications
Location : Hyderabad, India
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
About Game Creation Experience Operations (GCEO)
The Game Creation Experience Operations organization drives the service engine for Game Creation, by overseeing the creation, maintenance and support of all products 24x7. GCEO is fully integrated in a DevOps model where development, vendors, operations and customer service are tightly woven. Subsequently, we have a culture where proactive discovery happens as one team, we report, we iterate, and resolve items together and quickly in agile environment. Ownership of the outcome is critical to our customer experience, GCEO will own items through the entire service life cycle, regardless of which team may be doing the work, to ensure there is always timely status, transparency and quality communication. It is our mission and core value to provide an excellent customer experience, so much so, that our emphasis is not on volumes of ticket or fast ticket or request resolution, but instead how happy our customers are with our service and quality of the interactions with them.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking a passionate indiviual to join our global team of Operations Manager and Subject matter experts who focus on delivering reliable Game Creation Experience (GCE) products & services across EA studios and locations.
The Customer Success Lead (CSL) is accountable for overseeing services for all EA locations and clients to ensure consistent performance of our service. The CSL is responsible for leading technical troubleshooting, driving front line activities for issues, ensuring the uptime and stability of our services, and acting as the first escalation point for all incidents and problems. The CSL is also tightly integrated into the entire development process, profoundly contributing to daily stand ups, task execution and coordination, issue tracking, vendor relations, and quality assurance. A critical function of this role is as GCEO’s service Domain Expert. In this role, the CSL maintains an expert understanding of all systems, applications and integrations for all services. As part of this, they are continuously improving the services through developments activities, risk assessments, new features, and customer feedback. In addition, they are solely responsible for onboarding new team members, and accountable for identifying and maintaining domain succession plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team that provides product-based support across EA sites globally 24x7.
- First level of escalation for all products, technologies and services.
- Manage products, process and evolve continuous service improvements
- Lead a diversely skilled team and develop processes to measure performance of staff, operations, technology and services.
- Deliver operational and management metrics that proactively & meaningfully monitor and measure established goals, processes, technology and services.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Frontline Technical expert for GCEO’s portfolio, platform management including day-to-day operations, planning, forecasting, regular maintenance, audits, monitoring and analysis, reporting, and service improvements
- Domain expert to effectively onboard, educate and train customers on applications and services
- Coordinate customers, partners, vendors and stakeholders worldwide including leading calls and driving resolutions across multi-functional teams
- Facilitate product vendor relations for organization; interactions include cadence meetings, evaluations, licensing, defect tracking, service and support
- Lead daily standups, including sprint planning, coordination of effort, and task assignment and completion
- Proactively engage in continuous service improvements as driven by customer feedback, knowledge of products, product roadmap, and strategic planning
- Implement product technical succession and roadmaps that ensure existing organizational skill and knowledge meets service requirements
- Build, maintain, and lead organizational awareness of problems via a ‘Known Error Database’
- Define and execute the process/structure to handle outages, major incidents.
- Principal leader for service outage & restoration during an incident’s life cycle
- Partner closely with EA security to ensure compliance of existing policies, and new requirements are integrated into planning
- Flag repetitive tasks as automation opportunities and drive implementation with product team
- Drives root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Manage mulitple product lifecycles from concept to final without direct supervision
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need:
- Proven working experience as a customer success lead, or equivalent experience of alteast 5+ year
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior level stakeholders, including communicating complex technical problems concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS & Azure is a must)
- Resourceful, proactive, curious and innovative - identifies issues and implements solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Extremely strong customer service orientation
- Proven attendance with ability to work shifts, after hours and weekends as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with enterprise SDLC/ALM tools, such as JIRA, Perforce, Artifactory, and Jenkins
- Basic knowledge of automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS or Azure certifications
- Strong background and 3+ years’ experience within an application & infrastructure product support environment
- 3+ years’ experience supporting enterprise level solutions and databases
- Exposure to source control management experience including advanced concepts like branching strategies and developer workflows
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts; e.g. routing, subnets, DNS, etc.
- ITIL Foundation Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL organization is desired
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager Applications
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-11 07:51:40.857
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.