IT Manager Applications
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156999
Position Title: Senior Manager Applications
Manager IT Operations
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. Our game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
About EA IT Operations (ITO)
The ITO is part of the CIO organization and has dedicated 24/7 support teams to ensure the lights are always ON. The EA IT Operations organization delivers quality services across EA in both Infrastructure and application management services to all EA game developers and corporate functions 24/7. The team is a combination of EA full-time and partner resources spread across the globe.
The Global IT Operations team is responsive to provide reliable, scalable, available, and secured IT environment to our game developers and corporate functions. The team is also responsible for coming up with creative ideas to reduce the cost of services and improve the quality of service Year on year.
What will you do?
We are seeking someone to join our global team of Operations Manager and Subject matter experts who focus on delivering reliable IT services to our game developers across studios and to EA corporate functions.
The IT Operations Manager oversees services for all EA locations and studios to ensure performance of our service. The IT Operations Manager leads technical troubleshooting team, driving activities for issues, ensuring the up-time and stability of our services, and acting as the first escalation point for all incidents and problems. The IT Operations Manager is also tightly integrated into the entire development process, profoundly contributing to daily stand-ups, task coordination, issue tracking, vendor relations, and quality assurance. A critical function of this role is IT Operations Domain Expert. the IT Operations Manager maintains an expert understanding of Infrastructure technology (Storage, compute, DB), application workflow, and integrations for all services. As part of this, they are improving the services through development activities, risk assessments, new features, and customer feedback. Besides, they are solely responsible for onboarding new team members and accountable for identifying and maintaining domain succession plans.
The IT Operations Manager, based in Hyderabad, is also responsible for managing our service partners who are also based in India. The manager is expected to travel to their locations every month, responsible for their delivery, ensure the partners are meeting the agreed deliverable.
- Lead a team that provides multiple products/infrastructure support across EA sites globally 24x7 based in Hyderabad EA office
- The first level of escalation for all IT provided services, products, and technologies.
- Manage products, process and evolve continuous service improvements
- Lead a diversely skilled team and develop processes to measure the performance of staff, operations, technology, and services.
- Deliver operational and management metrics that measure established goals, processes, technology, and services.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Experience with Infrastructure, cloud and application responsibilities including daily operations, planning, regular maintenance, audits, monitoring and analysis, reporting, and service improvements
- Domain expert to onboard, educate, and train when needed to customers on newly on boarded services.
- Coordinate customers, partners, vendors, and partners worldwide including leading calls and driving resolutions across diverse teams
- Facilitate product vendor relations for organization; interactions include voice meetings, evaluations, licensing, defect tracking and support
- Lead daily stand ups, including sprint planning, coordination of effort, and task assignment and completion
- Engage in continuous service improvements as guided by customer feedback, knowledge of products, product roadmap, and strategic planning.
- Implement product technical succession and road maps that ensure existing organizational skill and knowledge meets service requirements
- Develop organizational awareness of problems through a 'Known Error Database.'
- Daily, ongoing service reporting and review of services
- Execute the process/structure to handle outages, major incidents.
- Partner closely with EA security to ensure compliance of existing policies, and new requirements are integrated into the planning
- Flag repetitive tasks as automation opportunities and promote implementation with the product team
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Manage multiple product life cycles from concept to final Motivation.
If you're interested you'll need:
- Experience as an IT Operations Manager, or equivalent Experience of 10+ year
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior level partners, including communicating complex technical problems to all kinds of audiences
- Ability to use several open source technologies and cloud services (Experience with AWS & Azure )
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with enterprise SDLC, service Management tools, such as JIRA, Service Now and any monitoring tool knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Infrastructure, Application management services, automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Experience working in any one technology either in Infrastructure or application.
- Understanding of virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g., VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS or Azure certifications
- Strong background and 3+ years' Experience within an application & infrastructure product support environment
- 7+ years' Experience supporting enterprise-level solutions and databases
- Exposure to source control management experience including advanced concepts like branching strategies and developer workflows
- Experience with networking concepts, e.g., routing, subnets, and DNS.
- ITIL Foundation Certification and Experience working in an ITIL organization is desired
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that grows from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day
Community / Marketing Title: IT Manager Applications
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-11 07:51:40.857
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.