Sr. Manager, Business Planning
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156983
Position Title: Senior Marketing Specialist II
Sr. Manager, Business Planning
We’re looking for a seasoned team member to join our Business Planning team and help us continue to build the connections we need to operate as one team. Planning sits within the MPA Transformation and Planning team and is responsible for operational excellence that improves effectiveness and execution across MPA; directly addresses decision-making and workload challenges in an ever-complex business environment; brings stability to foundational work as we accelerate transformational change across all of EA; sets us up for future growth and change as it happens.
- Partner with Director, Business Planning to support Managing Director of Marketing, Publishing & Analytics in organizing and driving cross-functional strategic planning and operational effectiveness.
- Partner with other functional operations leads to align on best practices across functions.
- Assist in designing reporting standards for operational metrics and process KPIs.
- Provide regular business updates via dashboards and calendars to keep leaders aligned on expectations, deliverables and progress.
- Develop and maintain templates to be leveraged across functions to standardize reporting against goals, objectives, and initiatives.
- Work closely with Business Partners like Human Resources, Finance, and Talent Acquisition to find business solutions for risks and opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of materials and agendas for offsites, key business meetings, and team events.
- Foster and maintain relationships across levels and functions to operate with a deep level of understanding of how things work and identify areas of opportunities to standardize or develop frameworks.
- Challenge the status quo and foster shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning.
Required Skills and Experience
- 7-9 years of experience in operations, consulting, corporate or marketing strategy, or other related fields.
- Experience implementing strategic initiatives at the operating level. Experience implementing strategic initiatives for the marketing function a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships at the executive level (VP and above).
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively across functions.
- Critical thinker with the ability to leverage multiple data sources and strategic inputs to build stories that influence executives and other senior leaders to act.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently use Excel, PowerPoint and other organizational and presentation tools.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills. Proactive and creative approach to always find the truth behind the numbers.
- A/B.S degree in Business, Strategy, Economics or related field
- Experience with interactive games or other entertainment businesses a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Business Planning
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-07 16:32:18.14
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.