UFC - Tools Software Engineer (contract)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156957
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Role: Software Engineer – Tools
A Tools Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including requirements gathering, architectural tool design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Producers and other Engineers in the domain of tool, pipeline and workflow development, and is often well versed in most systems across the titles they are involved with.
- Work closely with producers, designers, and other engineers to develop user-friendly tools; easy to manage and efficient pipelines; and optimal workflow that aid in the development and iteration of game content
- Ability to help troubleshoot issues the team encounters locally as well as with the tools themselves in a patient and understanding manner
- Implements, integrates and optimizes already existing online systems, services and tools used by the team
- Interface between different sections of the team to develop features and services
- Develop and maintain load/stress testing scripts and infrastructure
- Write technical design specifications
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity and ease workloads
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
Required Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
Community / Marketing Title: UFC - Tools Software Engineer (contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-02 23:05:25.75
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.