UFC - Tools Software Engineer (Contract)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156957
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Role: NHL Technical Artist (temporary)
The Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers working on a particular title. The TA is part of the art team and works closely with artists, project managers and other TAs. The main areas of responsibilities include setting up and maintaining the art production workflows, tools and pipelines. This includes development/scripting as well as daily artist support.
What a Technical Artist does at EA:
Technical Artists are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that are discovered until resolution. Often this involves reproducing, debugging and fixing the encountered problems. Partnering with engineers on the tools team for larger issues is also required. Most importantly the TA must be able to communicate risks and ask for assistance from senior staff when required. Knowledge of computer graphics, familiarity with 3D content creation, and games experience is desired.
- Has working knowledge of the Substance suite of tools (Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Substance Automation Toolkit)
- Is experienced with node-based shader creation, manipulation, and high-level optimization.
- Proficient in scripting/programming: Python and C# desired; C++ a bonus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of PBR content creation workflows
- Knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages. Maya/Photoshop preferred.
- Understanding of revision control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Adept at problem solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Willingness to learn production 3D art workflows and methodologies. Particularly: modeling, texturing, rigging and lighting.
- Passion for Games!
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: UFC - Tools Software Engineer (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-02 23:05:25.75
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.