Assistant Interface Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156956
Position Title: Assistant User Interface Artist
The Role : Interface Designer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
- An excellent digital graphic design skillset which includes screen layout, typography, color, illustration, and iconography.
- Experience and proven examples of delivering great design solutions to multiple platforms (web, console, mobile, etc.)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Conviction to sell your ideas, prototype quickly, and iterate on feedback
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite, and/or other visual design tool
- You're a passionate, detail oriented and creative professional interested in sport.
- You are a champion for user centered design processes (player first)
- You can present/advocate for/defend design decisions in group meetings with a multi-disciplinary team
- You stay up to date with the latest design trends
- You have extreme attention to detail. You’re meticulous about how you communicate and document your designs
- You have a growth mindset where you are constantly thinking about how you can improve your skills and be a better designer
- You thrive in a team oriented, product-focused environment. You enjoy collaboration and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts
- You have experience building and shipping digital products
- Work side by side with the design team to research, design, execute on visual design initiatives
- Develop visual targets for new and existing features and execute pixel perfect final design(s) in the product
- Work with UX designers and Technical Artists to develop simple and clear solutions for complex features
- Work with the Product/Game Designer(s) to understand their goals and vision for a feature and support them from a visual design point of view
- Be a product knowledge expert in your area and ensure the features you designed are functioning as expected
- Support engineering teams during the implementation phase
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with Flash, After Effects, and how they will be used to bring your beautiful designs to game
- Familiarity developing prototypes to validate design decisions
- Familiarity with user testing, user research, personas, etc.
- Working knowledge of opportunities and constraints of current and new UI languages, console platforms, and other technologies as they pertain to visual design
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Interface Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-06 16:46:45.997
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.