Lead Experience UX Designer - Game Creation
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156930
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer II
Lead Experience Designer
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for a motivated Lead Experience Designer to join EA IT’s design organization. You will partner closely with the product managers and developers to help shape the strategy and build successful products to cater to players, artists, developers, and general employees in a growing company.
You will lead the design strategy for products in the Game Creation product portfolio, which means that you will guide design programs to improve workflows for all of EA’s game development teams through launching well-designed tools and platforms that they use to create games.
As a design expert, you will work with engineering and product to create impactful solutions. As a lead, you will help guide product vision by facilitating design-thinking workshops with different teams, lead the creation of design deliverables and assets, and socialize the amazing work of the team across EA.
- Application submissions without a design portfolio will NOT be considered **
- Please note that this is NOT a game design role **
About the team
We're a small, but mighty design team and the things that you will work on will affect the future of game creation at EA. You can stretch yourself and learn and lean on others as you hone your craft.
- Lead the design for EA’s game creation products
- Lead the experience assessment and incremental improvements as needed for existing products
- Be a promoter for best practices across different platforms and design areas (research, UX/UI, etc.), ensuring quality and consistency
- Work closely with partners and product managers to shape product roadmaps and requirements
- Champion the user experience for a variety of products - from custom development to customizing third-party solutions - through understanding trade-offs as needed based on technical or operational limitations and timelines
- Partner with the design director to ensure that engagements are staffed and reduce potential risks
- Create high-quality, well thought design deliverables - from workflows to UI deliverables
- Provide mentorship and design guidance to junior design team members as needed
- 5+ years' hands-on experience designing and shipping products
- 3+ years' experience in a design lead role
- System thinker with expertise in software development as this role requires heavy collaboration with technical partners
- Expertise designing complex UX workflows / interactions
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with UX/UI design, qualitative research, and partner management
- Expertise in the design thinking methodologies, well versed in rapid prototyping and iterative processes
- Expertise leading product strategy and user experience vision
- Expertise in the general facilitation and planning of design thinking or ideation workshops
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Experience UX Designer - Game Creation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-14 18:50:37.803
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.