Finance Manager – Digital Platform (CTO)
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 156879
Position Title: Manager I, Finance
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Fly your starfighter against the Empire. Score the winning goal.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
You will utilize your outstanding organizational, communications, analytical and problem-solving skills in delivering results through collaboration with our business partners in the EA Digital Platform team and teams within Technical Operations, EA IT, Procurement, Global Sourcing, Accounting and Corporate FP&A. This position reports to the Senior Finance Manager of EADP in Austin, TX.
What this Finance Manager will do at EA:
This role will oversee financial support for multiple digital platform domains to include budgeting, forecasting, spending and modeling. This role is central to achieving our company’s digital strategy and will be at the center of EA’s continued platform development.
You will need to have a strong foundation in accounting principles and traditional FP&A responsibilities including:
- Business Partnering – be the finance liaison to facilitate business owners’ success
- Financial Reporting – lead financial reviews, conduct variance and root cause analysis
- Monthly and Quarterly Close – prepare accrual and reclass entries to reflect accurate accounting
- Financial Modeling – analyze financial data to identify trends, savings opportunities, and ROI
You should also be able to use creative technical solutions to drive complex report development and reverse engineering of existing tools and reports leveraging large data sets.
EA’s next great Finance Manager also needs to have:
Communication and Critical Thinking
- Strong overall communications, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Business acumen with understanding of functional linkages and ability to build strong professional relationships with business partners in both operational and financial roles across multiple locations
- Creative problem-solving skills and system-based solutioning
- Passion for learning and mentoring
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
- Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management, staff and vendors
- Comfortable with ambiguous problems, challenging/improving existing processes, and independently developing solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Expert Excel knowledge and experience (there is a test!)
- Business Intelligence and visualization tools i.e. Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- One or more of the following preferred:
- Data Modeling and analytics
- VBA experience
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and report cubes
- Experience with Essbase and Oracle is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Extra considerations for Graduate degree/CPA
- 7-9 years’ experience in finance or business analytics, preferably supporting a technology organization
- Accounting experience is a plus
What's in it for YOU? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Manager – Digital Platform (CTO)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-30 21:20:33.233
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.