EA Sports - FIFA - Producer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156876
Position Title: Producer II
FIFA is seeking a Producer with game development experience to join an established team of developers working on the number one selling console title. This is an opportunity to join a world class team and help drive innovation and execution on our biggest title in a beautiful studio.
The Role: Producer
As a Producer on the team you will be responsible for partnering with team leaders to help drive the creation, execution, and quality of features on a day to day basis. You’ll be involved in development, from the early concept stages through production and final stages.
At EA Vancouver, Producers are the bridge between the design team and project managers, effectively owning what features we build, ensuring they are at the right level of quality, and ultimately owning the final delivery to our players. You need to drive team culture by initiating, fostering, maintaining, and managing others towards positive working relationships with partners who are critical to both current and future development process. You must be a great team player and help form a stimulating and fun work environment.
- Be a key member of the leadership team, directing the day-to-day development through production and the launch of the game and live service.
- Manage and mitigate project risks over the course of development and execution of the live service.
- Be the voice of the players, and clearly articulate their expectations to the team.
- Work closely with production, art, design, and engineering leads to drive quality, communication and coordination.
- Work with the development directors to manage the project schedule, milestones and sprint deliverables.
- Work with art, engineering, QA and design teams to ensure the overall quality and timeliness of all deliverables and that deliverables are built to easily support a live service.
- Partner with central service teams including publishing, marketing, finance, legal, consumer insights, and product analytics.
- Partner with artists and user experience designers on best design practices across a wide variety of devices.
- Plan out product roadmaps for both short and long term features, aligning with the broader goals of FIFA and EA.
Who You Are:
- An experienced producer with 6+ years of experience in a game production or tech role.
- Analytically minded, getting the data you need to support your ideas and drive your decisions.
- A passionate gamer who plays regularly and likes to share your gaming experiences with others. Being a fan of football and FIFA is a huge asset, but not a requirement.
- A master of influence, helping others understand and become passionate about what is required to build great features.
- Familiar with scrum and agile development concepts, both within small teams and larger organizations.
- Able to partner with engineering teams to understand the technical implementation on how features will be built and any risk to the project.
- Results oriented, able to easily distill down to what is most important, and create plans for removing obstacles and distractions.
- A skilled mediator and resolver of conflicts, able to help people and teams with opposing points of view come together and align on objectives and solutions.
- Constantly out on the floor engaging with various members of the team to understand what is working, what is of concern, and what needs to be improved.
- A great communicator, both directly with the team building features and content, but also upward to leadership about status, risks, and challenges.
- A great teammate, someone who brings a positive attitude to the workplace... we make games after all!
What's In It For You:
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Not only do you get to work on one of the world’s most successful games, but you get to work at one of the world’s great studios in one of the world’s great cities. EA’s Burnaby campus has its own football pitch, volleyball court, inside and outside basketball courts, a large gym, 2 coffee shops, onsite car wash, hairdresser, tailor, physiotherapists, an arcade and a horde of amazing and friendly people. We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games.
Community / Marketing Title: EA Sports - FIFA - Producer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-29 22:07:13.653
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.