EA Sports - FIFA - Creative Director
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156874
Position Title: Creative Director I [M]
The Role: Creative Director
At EA, Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who design features and experiences end to end ultimately to surprise and delight millions of FIFA gamers around the world. Creative Directors are the torch bearers for the design of the game, holding the vision and aligning the team to create a holistic experience that our gamers love.
You will play an instrumental role in the following:
- Working with franchise leadership to help form the vision and direction for the game, and helping to ensure that designs follow the product vision.
- Leading other designers to help them maximise their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
- Inspiring and motivating the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
- Taking feedback from external groups and breaking it down to understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Taking a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
- Investigating and analyzing to validate ideas and opportunities.
- Championing design and design decisions to franchise leadership and executive stakeholders.
- Working on the future direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high quality games.
- Minimum 3 years as a design lead on a large title or team.
- Experience of mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- Experience of console/ AAA game development.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to own design areas from initial inception through to implementation.
- Understand how to effectively use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
- Open to ideas and criticism, and not be precious about your ideas.
- Understand why an idea will or won’t work, and how to design in order to hit specific goals.
- Ability to work closely with a large team through all phases of the product development process.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership.
What's In It For You:
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Not only do you get to work on one of the world’s most successful games, but you get to work at one of the world’s great studios in one of the world’s great cities. EA’s Burnaby campus has its own football pitch, volleyball court, inside and outside basketball courts, a large gym, 2 coffee shops, onsite car wash, hairdresser, tailor, physiotherapists, an arcade and a horde of amazing and friendly people. We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games.
Community / Marketing Title: EA Sports - FIFA - Creative Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-29 21:52:30.43
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.