Art Outsource Manager - Star Wars
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 156864
Position Title: Art Director
ART OUTSOURCE MANAGER
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to
- Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product from the ground up
- Define a new model of game development
As part of this team, you will report into the Studio Art Director and work in close collaboration with the Art Discipline leads, game design, UX, engineering and operations as well as outside vendors.
Who you are:
The Art Outsource Manager will be partnering with leads to maintain and enforce creation pipeline, own quality checks and enforce delivery targets on the project. The Art Outsource Manager will be the driving force on improvements to these workflows and first line of contact with the day to day vendor relationship. The Art Outsource Manager has a strong art background and strong time management skills. They will be acting as the main gatekeeper for our external vendor work and their artistic eye will be vital in making sure our deliveries are strong.
What you’ll be doing:
- Solve art development issues as they arise
- Conduct daily reviews and send feedback on the art and technical quality of vendor submissions.
- Partner with the discipline art lead to ensure briefs are created and delivered in a timely manner.
- You have the ability to polish or bug fix small issues from vendor submissions, that either fall out of the scope of the vendors work on it, or are deemed quick enough to fix internally to send back. Larger asset creation tasks may be required, based on availability.
- At a higher level, act as an Art Director contact for the vendors. You will show them best practices and unblock their workflow issues. Raise any difficult design questions to internal team for clarification.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure on time delivery and high quality of art assets. Potential interaction with Lucas Film Limited on asset approval.
- Create tutorials on best practices. Work with the art leads and other team members to ensure any workflow request for vendors do not sit idle for long.
- Update our tracking software with estimates of assets and delivery dates based on information from our vendors. Keep our dashboards and pages in good standing to our projects schedule.
- Partner with the Development Director to ensure the vendors are hitting their performance targets by conducting monthly reviews on deliveries. Report any issues that need immediate attention.
Your Background Includes:
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop
- Have shipped AAA PC, console or mobile titles as a 3d artist or outsource manager
- Strong character, and environment modeling experience and skills
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused
- Ability to understand how to create style guides to be used by external vendors
- Complete understanding of game production process, end to end
- Developed communication skills, able to work with a range of stakeholders
- Team player able to work with and without direction
5 years game industry experience, shipped 2 or more AAA titles for mobile or console
- Experience with RTS games a plus
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
- Knowledge and passion for the Star Wars Universe
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and portfolio, only applications with a portfolio will be considered.
*NOTE - we are open to applications from Artists in North America whose preference is to work remotely
Community / Marketing Title: Art Outsource Manager - Star Wars
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-29 20:26:54.473
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.