Lead 3D Modeler
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 156858
Position Title: Art Director
Lead 3D Modeler
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to
- Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product from the ground up
- Define a new model of game development
As part of this team, you will report into the Studio Art Director and work in close collaboration with game design, UX, engineering and operations.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Lead 3D Modeler who combines excellent aesthetic skills with strong technical ability. A great Lead 3D Modeler is a master of 3D sculpting and polygonal art, texturing and shading. He/she knows how to push an engine to achieve the most appealing and yet real-time performant results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create great 3D assets for our games, both hard surface and organic
- Work with Art Director to help establish 3D style and implement best practice
- Responsible for creating the character and environment models on the direction and goals set by the Art Director.
- Provide feedback and guidance to outside vendors and internal artists
- Work on in game asset animations and implement into game
Your Background Includes:
- Expert in Maya and ZBrush modeling, and Photoshop and Substance texturing
- Excellent demonstrated understanding of proportion, shading and stylization
- Strong understanding of how to create successful/optimized models for use on a mobile platform. High and Low-poly portfolios encouraged.
- Experience shipping a 3D game as an Object Modeler
- Experience collaborating with design and engineering departments to achieve desired results
- Strong traditional art skills highly preferred
- Demonstration of a breath of art styles a plus
- Complete understanding of game production process, end to end
- Experience on multiple deployed titles
- Proficient mentor, able to train junior staff
- Developed communication skills, able to work with a range of stakeholders
- Small team management and development
- Team player able to work with and without direction
5 years game industry experience, shipped 2 or more AAA titles for mobile or console
- Experience with RTS games a plus
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
- Knowledge and passion for the Star Wars Universe
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and portfolio, only applications with a portfolio will be considered.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead 3D Modeler
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-05 17:44:51.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.