Software Engineer II
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 156850
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown. Yep - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
In this role you will build the platform to enable next generation game experiences. Our cross-platform, cross-game player network encompasses EA Digital Platform (EADP) services including identity, commerce, marketplace, social, data & player experiences in a modern cloud operating model. This large scale, always-on collection of services powers EA’s network of games that are experienced by tens of millions of monthly active users. This role has an opportunity to build server-side systems that deliver new functionality to the platform, provide cloud enablement frameworks and cloud operation services to both EADP and game studios, as well as work on regular improvements to the systems to keep them at top notch performance.
What a Software Engineer II does on EA’s Cloud Platform team:
- Works directly with divisional and game studio partners to understand priorities and requirements while contributing to releasing games to market
- Collaborates with product and program management to ensure clarity and understanding of features and priorities.
- Develops creative solutions that address customer requests, new product features, and production defects.
- Evolves project statements into preliminary engineering designs and topologies.
- Expands designs into engineering execution plans and engineering tasks
- Design and drive the development and quality processes, coding standards, and practices.
- Tracks issues and items using team development tools, prioritizing and communicating development progress.
- Design, develop, and test product features.
- Validates that product has passed quality gates. Contributes to post-mortems for unsuccessful releases.
- Collaborates with support teams to debug and resolve production incidents
- Enhances EA’s engineering capabilities through tracking of peers, industry, segment, and technology.
- Becomes subject matter expert in the field and informed/knowledgeable about related fields, and roles.
- Interacts with and contributes to the open-source software Kubernetes community.
The Next Great EA Cloud Software Engineer needs to have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Hands-on commercial development experience, preferably on a services team
- Proficiency with an OO language
- Experience with a public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCloud, etc.)
- Experience of teamwork within a modern service development lifecycle.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution-oriented individual
- Experience building, deploying, and operating high traffic services
- Working experience with Kubernetes and containerized applications
- Design and development of multi-threaded architecture in web and data technologies
- Database experience with relational or NoSQL solutions
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-29 18:50:38.133
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.