Business Analyst, Game Analytics
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156840
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Games Analytics – Motive Vancouver HD
We are looking for a world class Business Analyst to join EA – the world’s leading video game publisher. Stationed at the EA Vancouver campus, this unique opportunity would join a global group of analysts who use data and insights to help EA understand its players and make the world’s best games. If you’re an analytically minded person with a strong quantitative background who has a love of data and turning insights into impact, then you may be an ideal candidate. Bringing a natural curiosity to find and identify trends in data, the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of professionals and a passion for games are all considered a huge plus.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner with BI and reporting teams to develop requirements for dashboards, data cubes, and reports for stakeholders.
- Define segmentation groupings and build propensity models that predict churn, engagement, and other user behaviors.
- Define and evaluate success indicators for game features and live service content in the in the Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare franchise.
- Teach power users how to optimize the use of dashboards and data cubes.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure data is a key factor at all levels of the decision-making process.
- Support game development and operations for Motive Vancouver’s HD IP’s through fact-based data-motivated insights and analysis.
- Root cause investigations, and delivery of action-based recommendations to development teams.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of relevant hands on experience, preferably in gaming, software as a service (SaaS), technology, banking, consulting, or ecommerce.
- Experience driving cross-functional projects from end-to-end with various types of stakeholders.
- Experience with developing and implementing statistical modelling and supervised/unsupervised data mining algorithms.
- Advanced SQL skills: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with a data visualization software package, e.g., Tableau, Dundas.
- Familiarity with a statistical software package and language, e.g. Python or R.
- Proven ability to work semi-independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences,
- Passion for videogames is preferred.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst, Game Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-05 17:19:10.013
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.