Software Engineer - Online (C++)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 156794
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Online Software Engineer is responsible for delivering major online gaming components and features for our EA Sports Franchises. With a focus on code quality, extensibility, scalability, latency, as well as testability, you will be required to design, implement and support our game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services
- Develop, enhance, and champion best practices for online technical design and architecture specifications.
- Develop and own leading reusable online server solutions, both systems and engines if required.
- Work directly other game team leads and technical directors (Gameplay, UI, Presentation, Graphics, etc.) to integrate online features and services
- Iterate, design, and implement improvements to live systems and workflows
- Provide solutions that take into account network latency, de-synchronization of data between networked machines/players, packet compression, cheating, and interrupted connections.
- Identify emerging technical opportunities from the team, clients, organization leaders, and industry trends
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years of development experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- 2+ years of experience in a lead or product ownership role
- Expert level proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience with MySQL, SQL, as well as non-relational databases
- Extensive Windows as well as Linux and/or Unix experience.
- Experience with client-server architectures, network security, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, load scaling considerations, object replication, as well as time synchronization and prediction
- Experience with cross-play models; development and integration (Console, Web, Mobile, Social)
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Perl, Lua, Python), XML and C#.
- Experience with ActionScript is a plus
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
- Exposure to encryption algorithms (SSL, RSA).
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- Experience developing on XBoxOne and PS4 Platforms is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Online (C++)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-24 18:06:15.507
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US