Senior Producer (EA Partners)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 156782
Position Title: Producer II
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Senior Producer for EA Partners will partner and develop world-class external studio teams who create, execute and deliver an evolving portfolio of innovative connected game and entertainment experiences for Electronic Arts. You will take ownership for creating high quality, innovative and culturally relevant externally developed games across the worldwide landscape that fit with the EA games portfolio, overseeing production from initial concept development through to delivering high-quality games that deliver amazing player experiences - on-time and on-budget.
Reporting to the GM of EA Partners, you will demonstrate a mix of strong business leadership, the ability to influence and drive new business models forward. You will be able to assess concepts and have a sense for what will make a successful game experience and where that fits in the EA portfolio and Player Network. Additionally, you will have proven experience interacting with production planning, technical teams, business groups and be able to present these concepts and games to EA senior executive management.
What a Senior Producer does at EA:
Provide management and leadership to the production team while tracking game development across an evolving slate of product:
- Oversee 1-3 EA Partner games with multiple SKU’s and studios in production at any one time, including live service components where applicable.
- Cultivate and drive successful external partnerships, leading through influence and looking for positive partnership solutions to all problems.
- Work closely with peers in Marketing, Sales, QA, Development, Finance, Operations, 1st parties, Central Tech and HR on the development and financial plans for the titles.
Partner with Marketing and related functions; establishing brand plans for long term growth and expansion of portfolio:
- On a weekly basis, work closely with the Marketing and research teams to create plans to expand our franchises, develop new ones and look for other outlets to exploit our titles.
Evaluate, research and sign external development teams for projects:
- Lead external Developer Relations to visit, evaluate and propose best-fit external talent for EA.
- Review developers for possible augmented project options (e.g. internal IP extensions/support) in addition to full game development.
- Contribute to a culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment
- Establish model behaviour that supports EA’s standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethics.
Principal working relationships:
- GM, EP’s, Heads of Studios, Business Affairs, Marketing, Quality Assurance/Customer Support, international offices for product release coordination.
The next great EA Senior Producer needs:
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of game creation, gained from working through a number of early game innovation cycles through production to shipping games.
- Proven ability to blend business, creative and project management decision-making.
- Combination of product portfolio and service management experience or insights is ideal.
- A track record of defining, building and managing a world-class / AAA rated game production group.
- Proven track record of managing multiple production teams (both internal & external) that have successfully delivered products to the marketplace.
- Adaptable and comfortable with new business models as well as traditional game development / entertainment content distribution models.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and work within ambiguity to reach a successful outcome.
- A passion to innovate in the gaming and entertainment space - with a strong passion for new business opportunities.
- Experience in building new business or franchises a definite advantage.
BA /BSc or equivalent experience, post graduate qualifications a bonus.
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Producer (EA Partners)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-23 14:27:06.653
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.