Sr Quality Analyst (Compliance & Certification Team)
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 156781
Position Title: Sr Quality Analyst
Sr Quality Analyst
Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the Senior Analyst role is to actively engage with EA & 3rd Party products as an expert in 1P/ EA platform and EA Standards’ Compliance and positively influence the outcome of the early development phase in order to reduce verification efforts in the latter stages of development. They are responsible for working with key stakeholders to ensure all EA & 3rd Party products meet the necessary requirements before release by establishing and communicating risk assessments and best-practice in relation to compliance issues and associated procedures. Senior Analysts are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from game teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high level understanding of all EA Standards and 1st party requirements; monitor 1st party developer sites and other information sources to ensure EACC test cases employed comply.
- Create Test Cases focusing on quality best practices, Policies and requirements derived from the AQD team, aiming for consistency across platform specific validation methodologies.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant 1st Party- and EA Standards documentation and best practices, as well as internal tools and processes within EA.
- In collaboration with EACC Associate Quality Designers (AQD’s), responsible for platform specific hardware forecast and purchase.
Test planning and execution:
- Gain a suitable understanding of the titles/genre assigned to and provide feedback on how to make game features compliant.
- Create and execute test cases (manually and tool assisted), review and influence game designs, review EACC concerns and monitor overall testing progress. Testing execution is required for this role.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Project Leads to help define and deliver EACC test strategy.
- Work closely with the EACC AQD’s in order to implement, maintain and execute tools within their given titles’ workflows. Provide key contributions to EACC test planning and methodology, plus supporting EACC AQD’s in the EACC verification roadmap initiatives.
- Leverage new technologies, seek for automation solutions and assist with ROI for possible implementation.
- Work closely and build strong relationships with PLM Submissions on project delivery and best practice relating to platform.
- Support coordinating and disseminating daily testing tasks within the test team and provide updates on testing progress.
- Support and guide Analysts and testers to ensure execution of project deliverables and act as testing escalation point when needed.
- Review EACC concerns, consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required.
- Responsible for data integrity and ensure data driven solutions are used consistently. Strive for further efficiencies and success rate supported by available data.
- Compile potential improvements based on the results of the testing process. Use appropriate communication channels to publish results and best practices for future projects. Interact with studio teams as appropriate.
Training and recruitment:
- Participate in tester recruitment, training, coaching and support.
- Participate in training programs to ensure test excellence across all EACC test teams and locations.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years QA or Compliance & Certification experience.
- In-depth understanding of EA Standards, and requirements and tools pertaining to at least one platform.
- Advanced understanding of the development process.
- Strong working experience and collaboration with external and internal partners.
- Capable of translating complex requirements in an easy to understand manner for development partners.
- Medium knowledge of programming languages.
- Medium knowledge of data analysis tools such as SQL and Power BI.
- Ability to positively influence and build relationships with the project stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate others, create an inclusive team environment and demonstrate ability to manage conflicts.
- Ability to delegate effectively to the wider test team.
- Embrace change, react quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Exhibit professionalism and maturity, respond to facts with facts, not emotion.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Creative thinker.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Quality Analyst (Compliance & Certification Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-24 09:20:46.453
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO