Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 156765
Position Title: Software Engineer III
What does the EA IT Employee Experience Engineering Team do?
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
Our team, the Employee Experience Engineering group is a new central technology team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining application and data services as well as enterprise mobile applications that support all employees throughout EA. Our goal is to produce high quality, reusable, services and web and mobile solutions that help each and every EA employee do their job and contribute to the goal of EA making the world’s greatest games.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for working with the team’s solution and technical architects to refine and implement their designs. This role is for a strong Services engineer with full-stack implementation experience. On the services side, NodeJS microservices (REST) and cloud orchestration services. On the web and mobile application side, Angular and Ionic-based hybrid applications that can be deployed on the web, iOS, and Android. The services and applications need to scale to performantly serve many thousands of users globally.
You will be responsible for writing the technical specifications, coding the services and applications in a secure and efficient manner, ensure highly performant and defect-free code through the development of unit and integration tests, leverage the use of continuous integration systems. You should be familiar with working in an Agile/Scrum model in a modern DevOps organization.
Our Senior Engineers love to experiment with leading-edge technology, dive deep into code and work as part of a team of programming experts who define and solve big problems and build powerful automation tools. You must ensure stellar product quality and provide technical guidance to Product & Program Managers as they communicate user needs and product requirements. This role is for a senior engineer who loves the challenge of building distributed, high availability, and resilient systems. The engineer should have excellent design and coding skills in building APIs and have the technical depth in OS (Linux and macOS), hybrid mobile and cloud programming models.
As a senior engineer, you will be also involved in proof-of-concept for new technology, work with leads and architects to define technical specification standards, coding and security best practices.
You will be interacting with product managers, project managers, architects, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across different locations.
- Work with PMs, Architects, Network and Systems engineers to understand service and application needs, including build, deployment, and management.
- Work with PMs to Design and build service catalogs and APIs
- Work with Experience Designers to prototype and build web & mobile applications
- Be able to develop highly available and reliable applications in the cloud.
- Ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
- Write unit tests for automation, and achieve 80%+ code coverage
- Write build verification tests (BVTs) in cloud environments to verify the sanity of the code
- Review code via collaborative code-review tools with peers. Review code via collaborative code-review tools with peers
- Implement monitoring, analytics, and telemetry in code development
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with teams across various geographies
- Effectively communicate progress and issues with engineering and product/project managers.
- Be able to prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
- Experience developing high-performance cloud-based, REST microservices with latest/recent versions of NodeJS
- Experience developing in cloud technologies including serverless frameworks, preferably AWS
- Work with various NoSQL DB (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra) and Cache (Redis, Redux, Elasticache, Memcache)
- Knowledge of test frameworks like mocha, chai, and jest
- Knowledge and working experience with SCSS (preferably Git) and best practices
- Experience with webpack, gulp and/or other build tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and automation (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, Cloudbees)
- Experience instrumenting services/apps code for actionable monitoring and analytics using tools like Google Analytics and statsd
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as Design and Product teams in an Agile work environment.
- Experience implementing and integrating with packaged applications (preferably Employee tools such as Slack, G Suite, etc)
- Experience coding in other mainstream languages such as Python, Java
- Experience with Serverless Frameworks (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Azure Functions, etc...)
- Knowledge of/Experience with Hybrid Mobile Apps (Ex, Ionic, React Native)
- Native IOS or Android mobile development experience
- Experience with other cloud technologies is a plus (GCP, and Microsoft Azure)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8 to 10 years of engineering/development experience.
- Experience in distributed, network, and systems programming in Linux or macOS environment
- Experience taking projects from initial spec/requirements through design and implementation, testing and debugging, documentation, and installation in an Agile environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack
- Self-starter with an eagerness to constantly learn and pass/share the knowledge along to the team.
- Strong sense of ownership/ ‘can do’ attitude and high attention to detail
- Experience working in a distributed global team
- Ability to dive into difficult problems and deliver results on time and on spec
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and problem solving
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Full Stack Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-29 22:02:56.693
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US