Integration Engineer - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156696
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Role: Integration Engineer
The FIFA team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to assist, support and partner with the FIFA and Frostbite teams on integration work. The Frostbite Engine is the foundational technology on which multiple EA Sports properties are built, and integrating improvements and new features is a critical part of FIFA’s ability to deliver best in class experiences to our end users. As an integration engineer, you will be responsible for driving the successful integration of new versions of the Frostbite engine into FIFA.
- Integrate changes from the Frostbite Engine into the FIFA codebase, resolve merge conflicts and fix code build errors
- Effectively debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of FIFA domains
- Work closely with FIFA and Frostbite domain teams to resolve any issue caused by the integration
- Work with Quality Verification to develop testing and build automation
- Partner with Frostbite to define best practices and processes to be shared amongst multiple EA titles
- Document challenges and follow-ups for each integration
Required Technical Skills
- Solid understanding of perforce concepts and good practices, specifically with integration workflows.
- Experience with large scale game engines is preferred
- 5+ years of experience with C++/C#/Python
- Great debugging skills
- Ability to diagnose and provide creative solutions to problems
Required Non-Technical Skills
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Ability to ask for and find help within FIFA and Frostbite for domain specific issues
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Integration Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 20:49:17.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.