Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156654
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Rendering Engineer will help drive the visuals for an exciting, new AAA title. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team early in pre-production and help bring the vision to life on a new game. Working closely with the Art Director and the Art team, you will drive to create industry leading visuals.
For this role, you will work to push the latest rendering technologies to help drive beautiful characters and environments. You will work closely with the brightest minds in the industry collaborating and developing Rendering technology.
- Bring the vision of the Art team to life.
• Design, architect and document technical designs for Rendering systems.
• Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features.
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience on cutting edge rendering features.
- Strong mathematics skills especially with Linear Algebra.
• Proficient with modern rendering techniques such as PBR, deferred rendering, Modern Shaders.
• Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
• Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.
• Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
• In-depth understanding of performance bottlenecks of rendering features.
- Experience with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio, etc.
Additional Skills (Preference to candidates with these skills)
- Experience working on AAA products in a Rendering role with multiple shipped titles.
• Experience on current consoles - PS4, XBONE, PC (DX12, DX11, OpenGL).
- Experience with a game engine shared by multiple teams. Must be able to develop new technology in a way that works with the existing engine and can be shared by multiple teams.
• Expertise in other areas of game engines: Camera, AI, Physics, UI.
• Experience with versatile Game Engines used for multiple different games.
- Experience with a variety of performance analysis tools such as PIX, RenderDoc, Nsight, etc.
- Experience with C#.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Collaborative Attitude. Can work well in a team of diverse opinions and help drive towards a common solution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with the global development community within EA to reach a common solution.
• Experience with Agile methodologies for software development. Time management and organizational skills essential.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
• Team-first mentality. No ego, just a commitment to get the best quality into the game.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-22 16:36:50.61
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.