Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156653
Position Title: Senior Manager IT
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
About IT Global Infrastructure Services
A division of EA IT, Global Infrastructure Services defines the technology, strategy, and roadmap that supports a standard and consistent architecture that enables our business partners to leverage technology as a strategic component that drives growth, innovation, and agility.
The challenge ahead
EA is seeking an individual with experience in engineering management and leadership to establish and maintain a consistent delivery framework and service capability for infrastructure across several data centers and multiple public cloud regions. This role will be responsible for the architecture and engineering for EA’s global infrastructure, and will help lead and champion EAIT’s Infrastructure Strategy, which is focused on driving a large-scale transformation of EA’s infrastructure around adopting public cloud infrastructure services and driving automation of on-premise and cloud to provide for an ultra-resilient, responsive, flexible and scalable infrastructure to meet our business needs.
The successful candidate will have the experience and motivation to align global IT teams on abstracting our infrastructure and automating to remove manual processes and human interactions. This will enable our customers, the game teams and application owners, to programmatically interact with all infrastructure within the enterprise, enabling rapid iteration, innovation, and the ability to deliver the most amazing experiences to our customers.
This role will require that you lead a global engineering team and partner cross-functionally to deliver global infrastructure services for EA’s game teams and other internal IT functions. You will closely partner with IT’s Operational teams, Program/Product Management, IT’s applications teams, and with other partner organizations in the broader CTO organization including the EA Digital Platform (game hosting) teams, and EA Security.
The scope of responsibilities includes all enterprise infrastructure across EA’s data centers, including:
- Infrastructure that enables game development and creation (i.e. build farms, automation pipelines, testing/validation)
- Infrastructure supporting employee applications (e.g. communication and collaboration systems)
- Business Applications (e.g. HR and ERP systems) and Security systems and services
- Infrastructure in 50+ EA locations and 5 data centers globally along with public cloud infrastructure in multiple regions
Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Architecture, Engineering and Delivery across the technical domains of Infrastructure
- Compute Systems and Virtualization
- Enterprise Storage
- Monitoring and Analytics
- Database Services
- Automation Services
Required skills and experience
- Proven track record of predictable results and delivery in a large IT infrastructure team, developing a compelling strategy, recruiting and retaining a best in class team, and driving technical excellence in engineering
- Experience driving enterprise infrastructure automation, especially around adoption of private and public cloud
- Very strong interpersonal skills; able to build relationships and influence across the global distributed enterprise
- Strong infrastructure domain knowledge; ability to translate business strategy into enabling infrastructure tracks
- Knowledgeable on Public Cloud – Infrastructure as a Service, Container technologies, PaaS and Serverless public cloud services. Strong knowledge of public cloud ecosystems and service offerings e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Enterprise Security knowledge and experience implementing security solutions for enterprise infrastructure and developing systems and processes to ensure that infrastructure is compliant to security standards and policies
- Demonstrated strength in contract negotiations, vendor management, capacity planning and department budget management (including Opex and Capex responsibility) in a fast growth environment
- Strong financial analysis and business acumen including organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills that result in conclusive recommendations / decisions
- Excellent change management skills and ability to drive transformation across a broad organization to build acceptance and alignment behind a significant change mission
- Demonstrated successful career progression in broad and diverse IT organizations
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and highly dynamic work environment
- Able to thrive in an environment that requires a high degree of autonomy, integrity and accountability
- Detail-oriented and strong project management skills, well organized, able to easily structure work
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with Cisco enterprise network environment, VMware Virtualization technology, NetApp storage systems, Windows and Linux Server environments, and MS SQL database technologies.
- Experience with competing vendor landscape for enterprise infrastructure, inclusive of open source initiatives
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure automation at scale to solve for real-world organizational challenge
- Leading IT infrastructure architecture and engineering teams in Media and Entertainment or related industry
- Experience with data center consolidation, migration, and decommissioning supporting thousands of apps/VM’s
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate technical discipline such as computer science, engineering, or equivalent
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
- Where we are located? Orlando, Vancouver, Bucharest, and Seattle
Don’t just play it, be part of it!
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 15:05:54.19
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.