Senior Product Release Manager
Location: Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Requisition Number: 156620
Position Title: Operations Product Manager 3
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Senior Product Release Manager is an integral part of Product Lifecycle Management. The role is responsible for the delivery of digital content materials in preparation for release at 1st Party platform holders, principally Sony & Microsoft.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the release of EA digital products on Microsoft and Sony console platforms and EA’s Origin platform, ensuring products release on-time and accurately.
- Partner with IPO sales, Product Lifecycle Management, studio development, Marketing and Digital Sales to collect and deliver product release materials for all digital products
- Manage and execute the operational process for products releasing via digital at retail programs
- Manage the operational execution of all free digital merchandising plans with First Parties, keeping stakeholders informed of status of current and upcoming deliverables
- Manage the annual scope and workload forecast for both digital commercial and merchandising executions
- Deliver Metadata and assets for all EA digital products by partnering with internal stakeholders, building a repeatable process that can be validated, manage localization of content, hand off final components to EA PLM Submissions team for global submission to First Party
- Drive optimization for both first party and EA internal tools, processes and reports alongside the Global Publishing Organization (GPO) digital commercial teams and PLM
- Deliver content with global Submissions team ensuring consistency and accuracy is achieved by offer per platform. Partner with the Commercial/Channel leads for managing the Product Catalog.
- Project Manage submission schedules and status at platform holder in internal SKU management systems.
- Deputise for PLM Submissions. Support content submissions to 1st Party and Origin, full game, additional content and accompanying assets. Communicate, track and manage each submission working with PLM Management, Studio, GMO and EA Cert teams to deliver on time with 100% accuracy.
- Perform post mortems on each project with First Party and internal stakeholders
- Partner with GPO digital team on quarterly business planning meetings with First Party
- Partner with internal teams to drive requirements in tools used to streamline portfolio and content management (Jira, Fusion Lifecycle, etc.)
- Create and maintain clear documentation detailing asset specifications for internal creative teams
- Drive waiver process with First Party when plans potentially conflict with existing requirements, clearly detailing business justification and potential impact
- Create detailed documentation of all new processes, while seeking out opportunities to optimize existing channels of work
- Presence with EU and NA time zones required.
- Workload and hours for this role increase building up to the pre-Christmas period, typically September to mid-November each year. Annual leave should not be planned during this period.
Skills and Knowledge Required
Behaviours / Competencies
- An effective leader; uses information and intuition to forecast business needs and opportunities
- Self-directed and can work independently
- Can coach and influence stakeholders to achieve the desired vision
- Can create and maintain efficient processes
- Ability to communicate information in a clear way and escalate issues appropriately
- Takes ownership and accountability for results, builds trust through consistent and reliable ongoing delivery
- Able to conduct communication with a varied style depending on the audience.
- Experience in any of the following environments desirable:
- Software submissions
- Project management
- Degree-level education or equivalent preferred
- Experience of working within multi-national organisations desirable
- Enthusiastic gamers encouraged to apply
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Game & digital download credit
- Pension scheme
- Stock plans
- Travel subsidies
- Semi-private medical, dental and life insurance
- 22 days of annual leave
- Excellent location in Central Geneva, 10 minutes from the train station
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Release Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-16 20:16:01.357
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.