Software Engineer - Infrastructure (C++)
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 156546
Position Title: Software Engineer III
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our core systems and shared engine into the future. Our Infrastructure Engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building core systems (often leveraging other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficient to bring substantial improvements to our game.
- Collaborates with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and demonstrates an interest in systems-level work.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
- Demonstrable problem solving and debugging skills.
- General understanding of parallel programming considerations, resource management, and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- Advanced understanding of C++.
- Understanding of x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architectures.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Infrastructure (C++)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-17 18:28:08.453
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.