People Practices Manager
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 156540
Position Title: Sr Lead HRBP
People Practices Manager
EA is looking for a highly motivated and results-driven HR professional to join its People Practices team based in Redwood City, CA working closely with our regional team. This role will report into the Southwest Regional Lead of People Practices.
The Challenge Ahead: Our People Practices Partners are passionate about delivering simple and awesome people experiences while delivering programs and support in meaningful and efficient ways. In this role you will be connecting with employees, enabling people managers, supporting team effectiveness and engagement initiatives, planning and delivering people programs and being a cultural steward for EA.
What the People Practices Manager does at EA:
- Coaching: Partners closely with employees and managers to provide candid, unbiased coaching and counsel to enhance manager effectiveness and improve individual and team capabilities to meet current and future business needs;
- Collaboration: Builds effective relationships and collaborates with internal partners, including business leaders, People Experience business partners and COE partners, to deliver simple and effective programs and people practices for the business/region; develops creative and enhanced solutions for complex project or program related needs;
- Talent Readiness: Supports talent initiatives including talent planning, performance management, career and development in partnership with respective COE partners and HR business partners to attract, retain, and develop key talent;
- Insights & Analytics: Leverages HR technology and business intelligence to provide data-driven insights that enable sound business outcomes. Educates management on workforce analysis, headcount planning and related HR metrics to assess and influence / drive business decisions;
- Business Acumen: Proactive in understanding client and market business models/cycles, priorities and cultural nuances as an input into operational strategy and execution;
- Project Leadership: Drives talent initiatives and programs across multiple client groups and regions including engagement, talent management and focal programs; develops creative and enhanced solutions for complex project or program related needs;
- Change Management: Supports the organization’s ability to change by developing the capacity and readiness for change and facilitating change initiatives for client group(s) including coaching management on planning and communications and ensuring change acceptance;
- Rewards Management: Facilitates creative approaches to employee recognition and rewards that attracts and retains talent of a diverse workforce and reflects EA’s philosophy and growth plans. Supports the successful implementation of performance and compensation life-cycle across all assigned client group(s)/regions;
- Cultural Steward: Works with managers, employees and COEs to develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace;
The next great People Practices Manager at EA also needs to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field combined with a minimum of 8 years progressive experience as an HR business partner;
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support the business;
- A business partner, who is equally a builder of HR solutions based on HR best practices, as well as, an astute business member who employs solutions that affect the current and future performance of the business;
- Subject matter expertise, with demonstrated experience in coaching and development, change management, and overall talent management;
- Strong change management skills - comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments;
- Outstanding project leadership and delivery experience; overseeing region-wide, high impact talent programs across the business;
- Good understanding of local employment law combined with the ability to gain a high-level understanding of regional employment customs and practices;
- Has a passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage;
Community / Marketing Title: People Practices Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 21:47:20.15
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US