Technical Program Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156524
Position Title: Program Manager II
Technical Program Manager – Data
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EA Digital Platform Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access, and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group provides tools and platform which help power the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for a seasoned technical program manager who is interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
What a Technical Program Manager at EA does:
- Lead engineering efforts to define and build a unified data platform across EA, spanning 20+ game studios as data sources
- Manage project plans and schedule commitments, ensure plans are integrated and aligned to overall organizational and business strategy.
- Initiate, drive, and deliver effective programs in partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the programs are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards.
- Analyze, remove, and proactively prevent roadblocks across teams to meet quality standards, project milestones, and business objectives.
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with product management, customers, program management, development, test, operations, vendors, etc.
- Demonstrate that customer satisfaction is a top priority by ensuring team’s commitments are aligned with and delivered to meet customer satisfaction objectives.
Our next Technical Program Manager at EA will have:
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a technical project or program management role or combination of 2+ years in software development and 1+ years technical project or program management role for complex engineering products
- Effective delivery of products using an Agile development methodology
- Great communication, time-management, and teamwork skills
- Experience with delivering live services a strong plus
- Experience with game development a strong plus
- Experience with gamer and game-specific analytics a strong plus
- Experience with large complex data sets and data-driven applications a strong plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, and 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-12 00:37:59.353
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.