Technical Program Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156524
Position Title: Program Manager II
Technical Program Manager – Data
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EADP Data Group develops a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
What a Technical Program Manager at EA does:
- Lead engineering efforts to build a unified data platform across EA, spanning 20+ game studios as data sources
- Manage project plans and schedule commitments, ensure plans are integrated and aligned to overall organizational and strategy.
- Drive and deliver programs in partnership with diverse teams to ensure all aspects of the programs are supported and delivered to the highest standards.
- Analyze, remove, and proactively prevent roadblocks with internal partners to meet quality standards, project milestones, and goals.
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with product management, customers, program management, development, test, operations, vendors.
- Demonstrate that customer satisfaction is a top priority by ensuring team’s commitments are aligned with and delivered to meet customer satisfaction goals.
Our next Technical Program Manager at EA will have:
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a technical project or program management role or combination of 2+ years in software development and 1+ years technical project or program management role for complex engineering products
- Deliver products using an Agile development methodology
- Great communication, time-management, and teamwork skills
- Experience with delivering live services a strong plus
- Experience with game development a plus
- Experience with gamer and game-specific analytics a plus
- Experience with large complex data sets and data-driven applications a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, and 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that powered by creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-12 00:37:59.353
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.