Senior Software Engineer - Cloud and Infrastructure
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 156519
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Game Development & Infrastructure Service (GDIS) team supports and empowers game development across EA’s sites and Studio game teams, by providing leveraged IT Solutions that help EA to build the world’s best Games and Digital Playground. With the latest generation of Gaming Platforms, 4K resolution TVs and 4D modeling, there is exponential growth in the size of content related to EA’s game titles. EA’s strategy uses a distributed development model to produce its games. These trends combined are creating some unique Information Technology challenges for the GDIS team to ensure that we have secure game technology tools and services which meet these needs, both today and in the future.
Principal Software Engineer - Cloud and Infrastructure
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer will contribute by leading efforts to develop the next generation of EA cloud services. You are experienced in developing automated build and deploy pipelines and provisioning compute, networking, security, storage services in hybrid cloud environments on bare-metal, VMs, containers. This is a hands-on coding, troubleshooting and leadership position. You will help deliver best-in-class tools and services that directly contribute to the Game Development Lifecycle, Employee Experience, Company Operations and Security teams at EA. This position reports to the Technical Manager on the Cloud team under EA IT focused on driving Cloud Adoption across EA.
- Architect and deliver IaaS and PaaS offerings to EA Enterprise and Game Development application owners using proprietary and open-source cloud computing solutions
- Work with different teams across EA such as Networking, Security, Monitoring teams to help improve and deliver EA IT Cloud reference models and operational solutions which cover CI/CD pipelining for container/VM deployment on hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, Serverless
- Contribute to application scaling, configuration, optimization, lifecycle management with application and dev teams
- Create test-suites, successful operation runbooks to validate core functionalities and successful operation of EA IT cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Design and deliver tenant management models for different deployment models in EA IT Cloud reference architectures while guaranteeing network, namespace, service account isolation between different tenants
Job qualifications and requirements:
- 8+ years experience in Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps, Integration/System Engineering roles
- Experience writing code in a high-level programming language like: Java, Golang, C++ and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js
- Experience building, configuring, administering container technologies, Docker, rkt
- Working Knowledge of container management technologies such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: AWS, GCP/GCE, Azure
- Experience with orchestration template technologies such as AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, HashiCorp Terraform
- Experience developing and deploying serverless functions using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, or Google Cloud Functions
- Experience with monitoring/alerting tools such as New Relic, Grafana, Prometheus, Sysdig, Cloudwatch metrics and logs
- Expert level knowledge in Linux, Linux networking: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, VLAN/VXLAN
- Expert level knowledge of and experience with network security, Internet security concepts, firewall technology, ACLs, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer - Cloud and Infrastructure
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-11 17:04:50.697
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.