Sr. Software Engineer - Content Engine
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156511
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
What a Sr. Software Engineer, Content Engine does at EA:
This unique role will be perfect for an individual who likes to find innovative ways of constructing ridiculously powerful systems to power the content of EA’s games like Battlefield and services like Origin and EA Access to name a few. We build systems and tools that support the knowledge base for EA used by internal and external customers. You should be excited by the idea of working with the latest graph databases and inference engines, doing devops with state-of-the-art providers like AWS and developing highly scalable solutions. You will develop expertise spanning platform technologies, infrastructure technologies, and game engine and client technology across EA’s broad portfolio of mobile, console and PC games.
- Provide technical leadership and be part of the technology team that designs and develops the services that power our customers to publish and consume content data in creative and flexible ways with performance scalability in mind.
- Own the core system quality attributes relating to product architecture, such as performance, scalability, security, availability, reliability, etc.
- Collaborate with Product management and game teams to understand the requirements that will form the core foundation for all the in-house test tools and techniques
- Drive the brainstorming on the new products, tools, and services required by EADP internal teams & Game Teams
- Evaluates emerging technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products
- Works as an Individual contributor (IC) and mentor the junior engineers technically and groom them to become experts in the technical area
- Hands-on in Coding and Testing and Deployment in large-scale environments.
- Hands-on experience with building world-class web applications, especially in a distributed system.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher
- 7-10 years of relative experience
- Must have extensive experience building applications in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Deep knowledge of building high performance, highly available, reliable, distributed systems software
- A strong background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns, analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems, automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses, continuous integration & deployment.
- Have played a leading role in the implementation and deployment of a successful enterprise-level system. This may be as a lead developer or as a test lead. (Quality, Development)
- Development experience with graph databases (MarkLogic, Neptune, Neo4j) is a definite plus.
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc. is a definite plus.
- Comes from a product development background (desirable).
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity (the previous start-up like the experience could be helpful)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) - able to communicate effectively with all levels of management as well as a geographically and culturally diverse technical organization
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Content Engine
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-12 00:33:02.793
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.