Senior Narrative Designer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 156504
Position Title: Creative Director I [IC]
SENIOR NARRATIVE DESIGNER - Star Wars
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to
- Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product from the ground up
- Be a design leader in a design led studio
- Define a new model of game development
As part of this team, you will report into the Creative Director and work in close collaboration with game design, UX, art, engineering and operations.
Who you are:
We’re searching for the Maestro of a distributed storytelling experience, who will unify the stories told through all story channels from cinematics to audio design to environmental storytelling and arrange them to create a meaningful and personal player journey.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to understand the game’s design and provide supporting narrative elements while working closely with internal teams to deliver a cohesive experience across the game.
- Designing and implementing non-sequential spatial stories that tie to progression and overall player experience.
- Focus and support the interpretation of the game vision and art direction to create the narrative direction.
- Have a great understanding and ability to tell stories, write scripts, find character voice and maintain consistency across the project.
- Have a firm grasp of interactive narrative fundamentals, including but not limited to pacing, branching, and visual storytelling.
- Become the project’s point of contact for writing with respect to technical implementation and IP cohesion.
- Create and understand Writing pipelines and work flows with the ability to modify and improve them.
- Test and proactively troubleshoot the game and help fix issues.
- Teaming with other designers and game developers to craft a main story tied to progression and player experience.
- Partnering with game testing data and quality control directors to understand how players experience the story, and work to improve quality.
- Partner with stakeholders to set design priorities and find balanced solutions to player, business and technical challenges.
- Coordinate with internal development team and licensor to ensure brand consistency and presentation that reflects the licensors’ needs.
- Present a clear narrative concept flow using Visio, Excel, PPT, or other related tools.
- Help to develop gameplay features that will support and convey the universe.
Your Background Includes:
Deep background in non-linear narrative and mission design combined with an understanding of drama, story and believable character development. You have the design implementation skills that can carry large stories and systems throughout all aspects of a major title. Additionally:
- 5+ years of experience in creative storytelling.
- Provide writing samples of personal or professional work.
- Orientation as a collaborative team player who understands good story ideas can come from anywhere on the team.
- Attention to detail. Sure, that sounds fluffy but knowing who said what when and why is critical to this role.
- Knowledge of scripting or programming
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
- Experience in other game designer roles
- A passion for and/or deep understanding of strategy games
- Knowledge and passion for the Star Wars Universe
Contact our Recruiter- Rebecca Davis- email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Narrative Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-10 22:14:51.837
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.