Senior Infrastructure Engineer - DevOps
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156502
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Opportunity Ahead:
The Game Development & Infrastructure Service (GDIS) team supports and empowers game development across EA’s sites and Studio game teams, by providing leveraged IT Solutions that help EA to build the world’s best Games and Digital Playground. With the latest generation of Gaming Platforms, 4K resolution TVs and 4D modeling, there is exponential growth in the size of content related to EA’s game titles. EA’s strategy uses a distributed development model to produce its games. These trends combined are creating some unique Information Technology challenges for the GDIS team to ensure that we have secure game technology tools and services which meet these needs, both today and in the future.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who will contribute by leading efforts to develop the next generation of EA cloud and infrastructure services. You are experienced in developing automated build and deploy pipelines and provisioning compute, networking, security, storage services in hybrid cloud environments on bare-metal, VMs, containers. This is a hands-on coding, troubleshooting and leadership position. You will help provide outstanding tools and services that directly contribute to the Game Development Lifecycle, Employee Experience, Company Operations and Security teams at EA. This position reports to the Senior Manager on the Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering team under EA IT focused on driving Infrastructure Transformation across EA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Architect and deliver Data Center and IaaS offerings to EA Enterprise and Game Development application owners using proprietary and open-source cloud computing solutions
- Work with different teams across EA such as Networking, Security, Monitoring teams to help improve and deliver EA IT infrastructure reference models and operational solutions which cover CI/CD pipelining for container/VM/Bare Metal deployment on hybrid clouds
- Contribute to application scaling, configuration, optimization, lifecycle management with application and dev teams
- Create continuous integration, deployment and testing pipelines with an understanding of test-driven development methodologies to ensure high-levels of uptime for continuous delivery practices
- Mentor other engineers on DevOps and CI/CD/CT practices to help evolve infrastructure service delivery
Summary of Experience
- 7+ years experience in Infrastructure Engineering/Architecture, Automation, Virtualization, DevOps, Integration/System Engineering roles
- Experience building, configuring, administering automation and configuration management technologies such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible with hands-on experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Git and Artifactory
- Working Knowledge of container management technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker a plus
- Knowledge of private and public cloud platforms, management portals and services: AWS, GCP/GCE, Azure, vRA, and Cloudbolt
- Experience with orchestration technologies HashiCorp Terraform, vRO, ServiceNow and similar technologies
- Experience with telemetry tools such as New Relic, Grafana, Sensu and vROPs
- Expert level knowledge in Linux, Windows, VMware with a solid understanding of networking services
- Expert level knowledge of and experience with network security, Internet security concepts, firewall technology, ACLs, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks likecomprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer - DevOps
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 15:06:49.787
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.