Motion Capture Technician (Temporary Assignment)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156434
Position Title: Contingent
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for an experienced Motion Capture Technician who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard-earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. We’re seeking someone who collaborates well with team, is passionate about their craft, and helps the team accomplish their creative aspirations. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and onsite at our studio in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
- 5+ years’ experience as a Mocap technician.
- Proficient with motion capture data cleanup and implementation.
- 2+ years’ experience with Motion Analysis hardware/software.
- 3+ years of on-set experience in live performance industry (mocap preferred.)
- Experience working with performers / models.
- 5+ years’ experience Maya and Motion Builder.
- Worked on a minimum of one shipped AAA title.
- Must be a great problem solver and able to adjust priorities as needed.
- Familiar with other motion capture hardware / software (plus, but not required.)
- Scripting knowledge (plus, but not required.)
- Familiar with 3d scanning and photogrammetry.
- Great communication skills.
- Exceptional time management.
- Data Post Processing (tracking / solving / retargeting.)
- Support on-set mocap team with shoot prep, recording sessions and post wrap.
- Suiting up actors for mocap acquisition session.
- Set up/manage real-time viewer and assets.
- Monitor video reference and/or Helmet Mounted Camera (HMC) feeds.
- Light prop building/fabrication.
- Quality control on post processes.
- Set up/create mocap skeletons used for solving/retargeting.
- Review and provide feedback of project streamlining.
- Foster positive working relationships, teamwork, and communication within the production teams.
Community / Marketing Title: Motion Capture Technician (Temporary Assignment)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-09 21:55:31.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.